Porthole Cottage - Newlyn, Penzance, Cornwall, England - Sleeps 4
Porthole Cottage is a two bedroom stone holiday cottage that is situated high up on Trewarveneth Street, within the fishing village of Newlyn, Near Penzance. The cottage is in an elevated position and commands wonderful views of Newlyn Harbour, Mounts Bay and beyond.
The accommodation provides the perfect getaway for couples or a small family wishing to explore West Cornwall whilst staying in a real Cornish fishing village.
Newlyn is the largest fishing village in Cornwall. The bustling harbour is at the heart of the village, with its brightly coloured fishing boats going about their business and providing fresh fish daily. The village also has a butcher, baker, greengrocer and an assortment of pubs and restaurants including the Newlyn Meadery.
A haven for artists, Newlyn boasts many galleries and The Newlyn School of Art continues to attract sculptures and painters alike and is situated opposite the house.
Situated between Mousehole (one mile) and Penzance (one mile), Newlyn is on the South West Coast path providing an excellent location for those wishing to do some walking in the area. There our many local beaches easily reached by local bus or car including Sennen Cove which is great for surfing, Porthcurno with its beautiful white sand, St Ives and Hayle with its nature reserve and bird watching. In addition the local area boasts many popular attractions such as St Michaels Mount, the Minnack Theatre, Penlee House Gallery and Museum, and Trewidden Gardens.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Porthole Cottage Continued
- Lounge with wooden floor, granite walls, brick fireplace, wood burning stove, large sofa, small dining table and chairs.
- Fully fitted kitchen with beautiful views, electric oven, Gas hob with extractor hood, washer/dryer, fridge/freezer, microwave and ceramic sink.
- Conservatory with French doors opening to views of the bay. Spacious sofa seating, DVD player and flat screen television.
- Large Double bedroom with hanging rail and chest and lovely exposed brick wall feature.
- Cosy bedroom with two single beds and chest.
- Bathroom with bath and thermostatic shower, hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- Outside there are flower pots and a pathway to the French doors at the rear of the cottage.
Additional information: Linen, electricity and heating are included within the price. Please bring your own towels.
Low Season from £280
Mid Season from £350
High Season from £420
Peak Season £590
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Flexible
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Sarah Stanton, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Porthole Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2010
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 30th July 2017
Approximate Location of Porthole Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book