Patna Cottage - Keld, Swaledale, Yorkshire, The Yorkshire Dales, England - Sleeps 3
Patna Cottage sleeps up to three guests in two bedrooms and is a cosy comfortable traditional Dales stone cottage in the tranquil village of Keld within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Keld nestles in Swaledale, arguably the most beautiful of the Yorkshire Dales. It is a perfect place for those who enjoy walking and cycling where the Wainwright’s Coast to Coast Walk meets the Pennine Way. There are plenty of lovely walks starting from the village including a pretty three and a half mile riverside walk to Muker where you can enjoy refreshments at The Farmer's Arms pub and visit the specialist wool store and art gallery. Alternatively, venture north for just over four miles to Tan Hill Inn - the country's highest inn! When you return back to Keld at the end of the day there is a hotel (Keld Lodge) with a restaurant and bar serving real ales and tasty home cooked food.
The cottage affords lovely views and is a great base from which to explore the pretty nearby villages and market towns of Swaledale, Arkengarthdale and Wensleydale. The area is a haven for wild and bird life with many unusual species that can be seen in the surrounding countryside including peregrines, black and red grouse, buzzards, merlins and ring ouzels to name just a few.
At the end of the day you can return home to this cosy cottage where you can relax in front of the fire during the winter months or enjoy a glass of wine on the small patio area whilst taking in the lovely views when the weather is warmer. Whatever the time of year, Patna Cottage is a relaxing retreat and an ideal base for exploring the Yorkshire Dales.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Patna Cottage Continued
- Compact, beamed well equipped kitchen with electric oven, halogen hob, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, fridge/freezer and under floor heating.
- Spacious beamed living room with comfortable three seater sofa, chair, flatscreen satellite television, DVD player, dining table with chairs and multi-fuel stove for cosy nights in by the fire. There are also views over the meadow with wild flowers during the warmer months.
- Light and airy master bedroom with comfy king size bed, wardrobe space, chest of drawers and room for a travel cot if required.
- Single bedroom with hanging and storage space.
- Compact fully tiled, modern bathroom with WC, wash basin and electric shower over bath - The bathroom is located between the two bedrooms accessed off the landing.
- Entrance passage where outdoor gear (including a bike) can be stored which leads through to the kitchen and living room.
Outside: There is a small patio area at the front of the cottage which catches the morning sun with a bench for sitting out and enjoying a cup of coffee or glass of wine on a warm summer evening whilst taking in the lovely views.
Additional information: Bed linen and towels included (changed weekly for guests staying more than one week). Property is cleaned on each changeover. Welcome tray provided upon arrival. Central heating throughout. Internet access available.
Low Season from £370
Mid Season from £370
High Season from £410
Peak Season £450
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 3 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Single)
Owner: Anthony Robertshaw, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Patna Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2014
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 2nd August 2017
Approximate Location of Patna Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book