Queenies - Snape, Aldeburgh, Suffolk, England - Sleeps 2
Queenies is a delightful luxury holiday cottage that sleeps two guests. It is ideal for couples wanting a romantic break and also accommodates well behaved pets, allowing pet owners to enjoy a luxurious cottage with lots of character, antique furnishings and a high level of comfort and style.
The cottage offers some very good walks from the front door and backs onto a lovely Nature Reserve which leads to Snape with its Arts and Music Centre, and beyond to the popular seaside town of Aldeburgh.
With a cosy log burning stove, Queenies is a perfect retreat at any time of the year. Situated on the main road between the A12 and the pretty coastal town of Aldeburgh, it is close to Snape and The Snape Maltings where the Benjamin Britten Music and Arts Centre is based. There are great walks all around the area and a wide selection of excellent award winning restaurants and pubs.
Queenies is part of a small rambling 17th Century Regency Row, situated on its own with a forest nature reserve behind and Farmland in front. The cluster of buildings were originally built for milling and later further grander buildings were added. Formerly used to store grain and for stabling, this attractive red brick and tiled building is positioned back from the road and has off-road parking. Guests can enjoy direct access into the Nature Reserve, and from there to forests, lakes and beaches.
This is a wonderful location for cycling and walking and has plenty to offer those seeking the cry of the gull. The popular seaside town of Aldeburgh is under ten minutes away by car with an excellent choice of shops, pubs, restaurants, arts centre and harbour. Enjoy fish and chips on the beach then take one of the lovely walks in the area such as Orford Ness Nature Reserve.
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
Queenies oozes charm and traditional character throughout.
- Stable door leads into the kitchen with slate flooring, units made from reclaimed wood, dishwasher, fridge, microwave and electric cooker. Character features such as the Butler sink, open shelving and the original hay manger which is part exposed add to the charm.
- Main living area with dining table and chairs, brick floor, wooden paneling on the walls, Victorian Chesterfield in deep velvet and armchair in front of the wood burning stove - perfect for cosy chilly nights.
- Dining area with period oak gate-leg table with a harlequin set of 18th Century country dining chairs and a Pewter chandelier. The blinds and curtains are in beautiful period-looking crewel work which compliments the paneling and the oak furniture.
- Beautiful en-suite bedroom upstairs with a fine example of an Antique French bed with drapes making a stunning feature. Antique drawers, armchair and lovely chandelier add to the ambiance of this room
- The en-suite has a claw foot bath, wood panelling, wash basin, heated towel rail and underfloor heating.
Additional information: Well behaved dogs are welcome (please bring bedding). Prices are inclusive of towels, soap, bed linen, heating, welcome basket with goodies for a ‘decent first breakfast’, bucket of coal and firelighters. The cottage offers all the comforts of a home with heating, television, DVD / CD player. Cots and high chairs available by arrangement.
Low Season from £399
Mid Season from £486
High Season from £639
Peak Season £639
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 Double)
Owner: Mark Scott, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Queenies joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2010
Owner's Other Properties
View availability for this and our other 28 beautiful cottages by clicki