Doves Barn - Badley, Nr Needham Market, Suffolk, England - Sleeps 22
Doves Barn sleeps up to twenty two guests and sits in the beautiful hamlet of Badley in Suffolk. An ideal country retreat for a relaxing holiday, Doves Barn dates back to the 16th Century and is a grade II listed barn with immense character including wonderful original oak beams and timeless charm that is perfectly mixed with the luxury of modern conveniences. A haven from which to relax and unwind, guests can escape the pressures of every day life whilst still being within easy reach of the pretty villages and historic towns that Suffolk is famed for. Whether you are looking for a reunion of friends, family holiday or want to celebrate a special occasion, Doves Barn is a perfect choice and a magical setting.
Discover this beautiful unspoilt part of Suffolk with its rural charm for yourself and enjoy all it has to offer - peace, tranquility, picturesque countryside views, a good range of amenities close to hand and plenty of attractions within easy reach for days out including the Suffolk's gorgeous coastline.
Nestling within two acres of extensive grounds, Doves Barn offers spacious accommodation that is well furnished to offer a high level of comfort. Guests can enjoy the six person hot tub, along with a courtyard and choice of two patios for dining out during the warmer months. Wonderful original features such as the vaulted ceiling criss crossed with exposed beams in the living room provide immense charm and the large inglenooks housing wood burners are warm and inviting during the winter months.
Doves Barn is a superb retreat for walkers, bird watchers and cyclists and is easily accessible from London. Needham Market with its historic roots in the wool industry is only three quarters of a mile away and is an attractive small town with a warm welcome. Bury St. Edmunds with its Cathedral Abbey grounds and Georgian theatre, along with the towns of Ipswich, Norwich and Colchester are all within easy reach as are Long Melford, Lavenham, Kersey and the Museum of East Anglia.
Discover the traditional delights and wealth of attractions along Suffolk's stunning Heritage Coast including: the popular seaside town of Aldeburgh with its great choice of eating establishments and shops; the intriguing village of Dunwich (a peaceful haven for wildlife with its beautiful heathland); Walberswick, small, secluded and perfectly formed; and popular Southwold (the home to Adnams Brewery) with its pubs, galleries, shops, lighthouse and beach huts.
Whatever the time of the year, Doves Barn provides a warm welcome for you and your party with plenty of things to see and do.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Doves Barn Continued
Doves Barn sleeps large parties of up to twenty two in six bedrooms plus there are two galleries with king-size beds.
- Large sitting room with comfy seating, flat screen television, DVD player, huge inglenook with log burner, French doors leading outside and high vaulted ceilings creating a lovely sense of space.
- Dining room which has a long table, chairs and French doors taking you outside.
- Well equipped kitchen with table and chairs perfect for breakfast.
- Utility room with space for storing coats and boots.
- Two doubles, one twin and a spacious large family room (containing three single beds along with a double bunk) on the ground floor (two with en-suites).
- Additional family bathroom with lovely roll-top bath, shower cubicle, wash basin and WC.
- Spiral staircase leading to...
- One double bedroom which has an en-suite shower room and WC, leading through into the galleried area accommodating a king-size bed and a single.
- A second staircase from the ground floor leads upstairs where there is an additional gallery with double bed, along with a large beamed en-suite double bedroom which has an impressive four poster.
Additional information: Cot and high chair available (pls bring linen for the cot). Flexible changeovers available - please enquire with the owner who will do their best to accommodate your needs. Bed linen provided, along with hand towels but please bring your own bath towels. Short breaks available.
Low Season from £2250
Mid Season from £2745
High Season from £3775
Peak Season £4295
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 22 people in 8 bedrooms (4 Kings, 1 Twin, 1 Family rm sleeping 7, 2 Galleries [1 dble & 1 king] + Single)
Group booking details:
All male groups: No
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Eleanor De Goni-Parks, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Doves Barn joined Independent Cottages in April 2010
Owner's Other Properties
Sleeps 10-22 Enjoy! Very Special Offer! Our First available weekend is NOW 6th October! £2,495. Call Now on 01449 722800/700/333 to find out more and book!
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th July 2017