Two Owls Lodge - Darley Dale, Matlock, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 3
Two Owls Lodge nestles in a beautiful wooded area in the small Derbyshire village of Darley Dale on the edge of the Peak District National Park - an ideal retreat for visiting the Peak District's many attractions. Walkers can enjoy wonderful walks along trails, over dales and across peaks or even over the rugged wild moorland. The adventurous have no end of choices; hot air ballooning, rock climbing, caving and kayaking to name just a few and there are plenty of great days out including Chatsworth Stately Home (just ten minutes away), Haddon Hall, Castleton Caves, Peak Rail, Youlgreave, Buxton, Bakewell and Matlock where you can visit the Heights of Abrahams offering a bird's eye view of the stunning Derbyshire scenery! For those looking for something a little more sedate, there are also quaint villages, farmers markets and antique shops to browse, or alternatively, just sit back on the terrace with a glass of wine or stroll out and explore the surrounding wooded trails.
Sitting within forty eight acres of private woods, Two Owls Lodge affords wonderful views of both the rolling valley countryside and wooded areas. A haven for wildlife, there are plenty of good opportunities for bird spotting including two owls which live close by. Beautifully presented throughout, the lodge has a modern, yet elegant country charm and offers light and spacious living enhanced by stylish furniture and quirky antiques and collectables.
Two Dales village is a short walk away and offers a Post Office, village pub and shops including a grocery store for provisions. Matlock is just five minutes away by car with a good range of amenities including a Sainsbury's supermarket and plenty of bars and restaurants.
With the whole of The Peak District National Park on the doorstep, Two Owls Lodge is ideal for couples and small families seeking a short break or longer holiday, whether it be to simply relax and unwind in a beautiful setting or explore the areas many attractions.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Two Owls Lodge Continued
- Spacious sitting room with two comfy sofas, Sky television (with full package including sports and movie channels), dining table with chairs and large fireplace housing a log burning stove - perfect for cosy nights in by the fire watching a movie!
- Bedroom with king size bed, wall mounted television, double wardrobe and dressing table.
- Single bedroom which includes dressing table plus a separate built in wardrobe/storage unit.
- Large luxurious bathroom with separate shower, Jacuzzi corner bath, WC and wash basin.
- The country style kitchen is fully equipped with plenty of cupboards, microwave, dishwasher, double built-in eye level oven, gas hob, fridge, freezer and dining table with four chairs.
- Ground floor cloak room with WC with hand basin, leading through to an additional room with laundry facilities and storage for walking boots/coats etc.
Outside: Guests can sit out on the private terrace and enjoy the stunning scenery or take a stroll out and explore the woodland paths and trails further afield. Off-road parking for two cars.
Additional information: Laundry facilities available. Wi-Fi internet, Gas, electricity, towels and bedding included in the price. Unfortunately no dogs (the owner's other cottages accept dogs). Short breaks available and flexible changeover days offered on a Monday and Friday.
Low Season from £580
Mid Season from £680
High Season from £775
Peak Season £820
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Mon/Fri
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 3 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King + 1 Single)
Owner: Jane, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Two Owls Lodge joined Independent Cottages in July 2016
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th August 2017