South Barn - Wangford, Nr Southwold, Suffolk, England - Sleeps 2-4
Wangford Farm is home to three charming holiday homes, ideally situated just a few minutes from the delightful seaside town of Southwold on Suffolk's glorious Heritage Coast. Perfect for a family holiday, for friends who want to get together for a weekend, and couples looking for a romantic break, the cottages are located on the outskirts of the village of Wangford within the Suffolk Coasts and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Surrounded by tranquil Suffolk countryside, Little Barn and The Lodge both sleep two guests, and South Barn (featured in this advert) sleeps four in two bedrooms. Each cottage offers Four Star Gold pet-free accommodation, presented to a high standard of comfort and style throughout. Kitchens and bathrooms are modern and fully equipped, bedrooms (with blackout blinds) assure a good night's sleep, living rooms are comfy, and each cottage has its own private garden where guests can relax and soak up the peace and tranquility.
Wangford itself is a pretty little village with a shop for provisions and good pub for a meal out (The Angel Inn). The quiet country lanes that surround Wangford Farm are a dream for cyclists offering miles of wonderful bike rides to enjoy with pretty villages to stop off at enroute. There are lovely walks locally and superb opportunities for wildlife enthusiasts and birdwatchers with Suffolk Wildlife Trust Hen Reedbeds a short walk away and RSPB nature reserves dotted along the coast (Minsmere and Benacre National Nature Reserves are both close by).
Southwold is just three miles away and offers the perfect seaside setting with its award winning pier (one of the best places for fish and chips!) and beach fringed with colourful beach huts. A popular holiday destination that has been attracting people since long before Victorian times, Southwold has a good selection of shops, pubs, restaurants, pretty harbour, and of course the famous Adnams Brewery with many of their produces available to sample locally!
The area offers an abundance of day trips out. For the younger ones, African Alive, BeWilderwood, Banham Zoo, The Suffolk Owl Sanctuary and Pleasurewood Hills are just a few of the attractions that are sure to be a holiday highlight. Visit one of Suffolks many castles or stately homes including Framlingham Castle and Somerleyton Hall; immerse yourself in the heritage of the wool towns (Lavenham is a must!); explore the coast and visit popular Aldeburgh, Dunwich, Snape and Orford; or visit the bustling city of Norwich with its stunning cathedral. The Norfolk Broads are also within easy reach offering miles of magical waterways to explore by boat or kayak; and for those with a passion for being outdoors, there are good opportunities for golf, coarse and sea fishing, bird watching and bike hire available locally.
With Southwold on the doorstep, an abundance of attractions within easy reach and peaceful countryside all around, Wangford Farm is the perfect choice for a Suffolk holiday.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
South Barn Continued
The largest of them all, South Barn accommodates four guests in comfort and style.
- Entrance area leading into...
- Beamed open-plan living area with plenty of space to cook, dine and relax. The kitchen is well equipped with cupboards for storage, dishwasher, fridge, microwave and electric cooker.
- Sitting area with comfy leather sofas, flatscreen HD television and DVD/CD players/iPod docking for entertainment. There is also a dining table with four chairs.
- Lobby/utility area which provides a useful place for storing coats and boots with washing machine and freezer.
- Cloak room off the lobby with WC and wash basin.
- Charming double master bedroom with vaulted beamed ceiling providing a lovely sense of space. Wooden floors and rugs add to the charm and there is a wardrobe and chest of drawers (with hairdryer) for clothes storage and en-suite bathroom with WC, wash basin and heated towel rail. Blackout blinds provided.
- Second double bedroom with equal measures of charm, wardrobe, chest of drawers and Juliet balcony letting the lovely countryside views flood in (black out blinds are provided to ensure a good night's sleep).
- Family bathroom with shower over the bath, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Outside: Guests have their own private lawned garden as well as a terrace with outdoor furniture for alfresco dining at the back of the barn. Off-road parking is available for two cars, along with secure brackets for those who want to bring their bikes.
Additional information: WiFi internet access. Unfortunately no pets. Prices include bed linen, heating, electricity and towels for use indoors (please bring beach towels). Strictly no smoking. Short breaks available outside of peak season: Three nights from a Friday charged at 75% of the weekly rate; Four nights from a Monday charged at 80% of weekly rate.
Low Season from £394
Mid Season from £415
High Season from £664
Peak Season £724
Star Rating: 4 Star Gold
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2-4 people in 2 bedrooms (2 Doubles)
Owner: Sara & David Campbell, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
South Barn joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st September 2017
Approximate Location of South Barn
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book