The Dairy - Westbury-sub-Mendip, Nr Wells, Somerset, England - Sleeps 4
The Dairy is a delightful quaint holiday cottage that can accommodate up to four people in two bedrooms. Formerly a 17th century farm dairy, it has been carefully renovated to provide comfortable holiday accommodation whilst retaining lovely original features including beams, doors and exposed stone.
With gas central heating and thick stone walls, the Dairy is cosy during the winter months yet cool in the summer. Entirely self contained, The Dairy is attached to the owners’ home, which is a traditional Somerset farmhouse.
Situated away from main roads, The Dairy is surrounded by beautiful scenery. It is just a minute's walk into the heart of the pretty ancient village of Westbury-sub-Mendip, at the foot of the Mendip hills, with a village inn offering good food and ale. This picturesque Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is full of spectacular walks, gorges and caves and a haven for bird and wildlife. It is conveniently located within easy reach of Cheddar, Wells, Glastonbury and the coast, with plenty of interesting places and attractions to visit.
The holiday cottage is ideal for families, friends or couples looking for a peaceful retreat and will appeal to those who enjoy walking, cycling, bird watching and Golf with the 18-hole parkland golf course at Wells within easy reach. A warm welcome awaits you and the owners are happy to offer advice on places to visit should you wish, to ensure you discover the hidden gems that this beautiful part of Somerset has to offer.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
The Dairy Continued
The Dairy is a well equipped holiday cottage that still retains many original features.
- Sitting room with comfortable seating, speaker system for playing music via iPods and MP3 players, flat screen television (including Freeview channels), DVD player, internet access along with a toy box for little ones. A spiral staircase takes you up to the first floor (stair gates provided).
- Kitchen with period features that are combined well with modern units, electric cooker, washing machine, microwave, fridge and table with chairs where the family can enjoy a meal. A food blender and high chair are provided for smaller guests.
- Master bedroom with romantic double bed (including memory foam mattress) with canopy and white drapes set under the vaulted ceiling with beams up to the apex. There is a stripped pine floor with rugs, wardrobe, two chests with drawers and washbasin.
- Second bedroom with original beams, sunny window, single bed, chest with drawers and a rail for hanging items on the back of the door. A comfy fold-up bed and a cot can also be provided.
- Shower room with electric shower, WC and wash basin.
Outside: An area for parking is provided in the courtyard which is shared with the owners, along with a sunny patio garden that is separate and for guests' use with a little lawned area, flowers, roses and water feature. A pretty lilac tree offers some dappled shade in the warmer months when sitting out (chairs and table provided) and enjoying a glass of wine or good book. There is a barn which can be used for bike storage and guests are welcome to borrow a BBQ (portable).
Additional information: All beds are made ready for arrival with freshly laundered cotton bed linen, and non allergy pillows and duvets. Cotton towels are provided. Short breaks available - minimum of two days and not in peak season. Well behaved dogs are welcome at an additional supplement of £10 per dog, however they must be kept downstairs and off the furniture (stair gates available). Central heating is included in the price from 1st May to 1st October - at other times if heating is required, the owners reserve the right to charge £2 a day.
Low Season from £270
Mid Season from £320
High Season from £380
Peak Season £450
Star Rating: 3 Star
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double & 1 Twin)
Owner: Cathy Hancock, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Dairy joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2011
Bigger than it looks! Comfortably sleeps 1-4 people + cot. Dog friendly. Very child and baby friendly. Good range of baby equipment & toys etc. Short breaks £70 per night. Internet access.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 16th July 2017