Billy's Bothy - Offcote, Nr Ashbourne, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 10+2
Billy's Bothy can accommodate up to sixteen guests (with the use of sofa beds and optional sixth annex bedroom) and sits within the extensive grounds of Offcote Grange at the rear of the property. Offcote Grange is an impressive historic grade II listed farmhouse with beautiful walled gardens and outstanding views across rolling pastureland where cattle can be seen grazing. This beautiful property now offers exceptional five star holiday accommodation with immense charm and character.
Nestling amongst ten acres of landscaped grounds and pasture land, with large nature lake for visitors to enjoy, this large luxury character cottage has an abundance of beams and character features (including a log burning stove). All of the bedrooms benefit from being en-suite with beautiful traditional cast iron and brass beds throughout. There is a sauna and hot tub available for hire. The owners can also offer pampering and special meals by prior arrangement.
Derbyshire has something to offer everyone, whatever the season or climate and guests are welcome at Billy's Bothy all year around for either a long or short break. Why not visit the incredible selection of historic and National Trust properties in the area, such as wonderful Chatsworth House or simply take in the magnificent and varied scenery either on foot, bike or horse back. You will also be able to enjoy golfing, boating, climbing, canoeing, fishing and for those who want excitement, the thrill of theme parks such as Alton Towers. Alternatively simply relax in luxurious and beautiful surroundings whilst enjoying good food with friends or family.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Billy's Bothy Continued
Billy's Bothy is an exceptional and beautifully restored holiday cottage within the Peak District and beautiful Derbyshire Dales. It has been awarded a Five Star Award and provides guests with luxurious accommodation located in a peaceful and quiet rural setting just one mile from the pretty ancient market town of Ashbourne.
Accommodation and facilities comprise:
- Three bedrooms on the ground floor: two doubles and a twin bedroom - each one affording an en-suite shower room with underfloor heating, stylish tiles, heated towel rails, WC and wash basin.
- Two double bedrooms on the first floor: one with en-suite bathroom and one with en-suite shower room.
- All bedrooms are beautifully presented with hand made pine furniture and magnificent brass and cast iron beds (except one bedroom with a lovely pine bed).
- Ground floor main entrance which leads into the heart of the house where a wonderful oak staircase takes you up to the impressive galleried kitchen with granite worktops set over hand made units, dishwasher, electric double oven with halogen hob, microwave, washing machine, tumble drier and fridge/freezer.
- Large cosy lounge on the first floor galleried area with log burner, four comfy sofas, large wide flatscreen television, DVD player and Hi-Fi. Large doors lead out to the lovely patio area, cottage garden and orchard. Garden furniture and barbecue are provided.
- Lovely dining room with large table and plenty of seating for all (high chair provided and meals can be provided by arrangement) - a perfect place for enjoying supper whilst catching up with the rest of the party at the end of the day.
- Sauna room big enough for six guests with sound system for listening to music whilst relaxing. The owners can also offer an extra treat to help you relax and reflexology, massage, hand nail treatments and pedicures can all be arranged upon request.
Additional information: All electricity, heating, linen and towels are included within the price. Initial logs are provided between the months of November and March. Further logs can be provided at cost within these dates. There is ample car parking for guests. This is a no smoking, no pets establishment. A hearing aid device is available - please request within two days prior to arrival. Wi-Fi available in all rooms & iPod docking.
Low Season from £1800
Mid Season from £1900
High Season from £2150
Peak Season £2400
Star Rating: 5 Star
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10+2 people in 5 bedrooms (+ double sofa bed in lounge + optional 6th bedrm available to sleep 16)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Pat Walker, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Billy's Bothy joined Independent Cottages in July 2008
Owner's Other Properties
Enjoy a relaxing break at our beautiful cottages - Meals, BBQ, Buffets, Mad Hatters Tea Party, pampering, hot tub, sauna all available by arrangement.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 13th August 2017