Cothill Barn - Turnastone, Hay-on-Wye, Herefordshire, England - Sleeps 8+2Group bookings available: This property is one of 2 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 18 guests
Cothill Barn sleeps eight guests in four en-suite bedrooms (plus an additional two with the use of a sofa bed) and is a beautiful 18th Century listed barn that has recently been sympathetically and stylishly converted to provide relaxed self-catering accommodation that is both family and pet friendly.
Ideally positioned in Herefordshire, just a short drive from the book town of Hay-on-Wye and the Brecon Beacons National Park, Cothill Barn sits close to the Welsh borders. Here you can enjoy superb walking from the front door and explore nearby attractions such as The Globe at Hay, Hereford Cider Museum, the cathedral city of Hereford and the stunning National Trust Weir Gardens on the banks of the River Wye to name just a few. The area also hosts some world class festivals including the Hay Festival of Literature and Arts at the end of May and the annual Herefordshire Walking Festival in June.
Herefordshire was a pioneer in the local food revolution and has one of the country's most popular food festivals in the grounds of Hereford Cathedral in late summer. Another popular 'foodie' event is the Ludlow Food Festival in early September and also the Abergavenny Food Festival in mid September - both within easy reach.
As you would expect for an area proud of its produce, there are plenty of excellent eating establishments locally for those who want to enjoy a meal out. Alternatively, the owners can provide your meals for you by arrangement allowing you to enjoy a truly relaxing break in the comfort of Cothill Barn.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Stables/Livery Onsite
Cothill Barn Continued
Cothill Barn has been beautifully renovated and lovingly furnished with antique pine furniture, handmade furnishings and quirky little extra touches to provide a relaxing holiday home that is full if individual character and style.
- Spacious and luxurious master bedroom with king-size bed, roll top bath and separate WC with wash basin - a beautiful room with space for a cot or z-bed if required.
- Bedroom two has a little gallery with great views towards the Black Mountains and room beneath for a child’s bed. There is a king-size bed and stylish en-suite with shower, washbasin and WC.
- Bedroom three is on the ground floor and takes rustic simplicity a step further. It has antique French twin beds and a separate large en-suite bathroom with rolltop bath and shower over.
- Bedroom four is also on the ground floor and is easily accessible with a small antique French double bed (4ft), a large wet room with power shower that is wheelchair accessible and patio doors that take you outside and provide lovely views over the fields.
- The galleried landing and balcony provides the perfect peaceful place for a quiet moment with great views across the valley.
- Well equipped kitchen/dining room providing all you need for preparing supper or a special dinner party. There is a four oven range cooker, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and good selection of glasses, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
- Hallway where there is a small WC under the stairs and also the iPod/CD/radio.
- Sitting room with cosy woodburner, soft lighting, comfy sofas, television and DVD player.
- Snug/children’s room with a glazed door leading out to the enclosed garden. There is also a double sofa bed and Wi-Fi internet access.
- Utility/dog room where you can do the washing and store coats/shoes.
Outside: A large enclosed garden affords lovely views down the valley and over to the Black Mountains. There are lots of sitting areas where you can soak up the tranquility and scenery. The rustic garden shed houses additional garden chairs and a small garden firepit for cosy nights outside by the fire. Off-road parking for several cars.
Additional information: The owner's can deliver meals and packed lunches. Cothill Barn has full central heating. Beds are made up ready for arrival with cotton bedding and feather duvets. Mobile reception is available with Orange, Vodafone and T-Mobile being the most reliable. Wi-Fi is available. If you are bringing a dog, please remember you are on a farm and a lead is essential for walking in the fields, as the owner's also have dogs, sheep and poultry. Dogs must be kept off furniture and downstairs and the owner's would prefer that they slept in the utility room where there is underfloor heating to keep them warm and cosy.
Low Season from £695
Mid Season from £810
High Season from £965
Peak Season £1300
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8+2 people in 4 bedrooms (4 en-suite doubles + sofa bed)
Group booking details:
Please note: Cothill Barn sleeps 8+2 people. The owner has 2 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 18 guests. Dining capacity: 0.
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Ali Lloyd, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Cothill Barn joined Independent Cottages in June 2013
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 27th July 2017