Rencott - Porlock, Somerset, Exmoor, England - Sleeps 5
Rencott sleeps up to five guests and has been beautifully presented to capture the lovely blend of coast and countryside that is on the doorstep. Sitting in a tranquil position on the edge of the pretty Somerset village of Porlock, the cottage sits in a wooded combe and is an easy walk to Porlock Bay (twenty five minutes), and even closer to the village with a full range of amenities including pubs, restaurants and also shops for stocking up on provisions. This lovely coastal village even has a visitors centre with all the information needed to plan your holiday and get the most out of your stay.
Ideal all year round with a log burner in the sitting room, log burning range in the kitchen and garden for relaxing in the summer months, Rencott is perfect for families, friends and also couples who enjoy a little extra space around them.
Enjoy walks directly from the front door across the rolling moorland of Exmoor, and pretty riverside walks under the canopy of the trees. Lace up your walking boots and explore the Coleridge Way, a long distance path accessible from the village; or the South West Coastal Path, accessible from Porlock Bay. Walk to the pretty harbour of Porlock Weir (with dog-friendly beach). Alternatively, just relax and enjoy a leisurely pub lunch or a picnic on the beach.
The surrounding area offers lovely bike rides along leafy lanes with the moorland scenery providing a stunning backdrop. Enjoy country cycle rides to the picturesque villages of Selwothy, Allerford and Bossington where you can gain refreshments along the way (or walk there within an hour or a ten minute car ride).
Exmoor has a multitude of attractions for all ages. The coastal resort of Minehead is just five miles from Rencott and is a popular choice for a day of traditional seaside fun. Lynton and Lynmouth are also worth visiting (both are connected by a dog-friendly cliff railway), as is Dunster with its magnificent medieval village, castle and beach (dog-friendly). Go pony trekking across Exmoor - a great way of getting up close to the native Exmoor ponies, or take an Exmoor Safari for a guided tour of the area. The Exmoor Owl and Hawk Centre is another popular attraction to visit.
Whether you are looking to simply relax or explore the many attractions of Somerset and Devon, Rencott is well placed for enjoying all that this beautiful area has to offer at any time of the year.
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
- Porch with room to store wellies and coats.
- Welcoming entrance hall with slate floor, occasion seat and stairs leading up to the first floor.
- Spacious farmhouse style kitchen with electric oven and hob, tall fridge/freezer, traditional log burning range to one end, plenty of cupboards for storage, window seat and table with chairs - a lovely place for supper or breakfast.
- Off the kitchen is an integral garage with utility area where the washing machine and tumble dryer are stored (plenty of space to store bikes and outdoor gear).
- Beamed sitting room with comfy seating, window seat where you can sit and look out over the garden, flat screen television and log burning stove.
- Romantic king-size bedroom presented in light and restful colours with plenty of clothes storage.
- Additional double bedroom.
- Family bathroom with free standing roll top bath (including a hand shower attachment), WC, wash basin and separate shower cubicle.
- Single bedroom.
Outside: A pretty front garden provides a lovely place to sit out and relax during the warmer months (the views are lovely!). Off road parking on the driveway for one car and additional parking in front of the cottage.
Additional information: One well behaved dog welcome by prior arrangement (it must be kept downstairs and a stair gate can be provided). No smoking. Children welcome. Bed linen and towels are included and a maid service is available for those who want additional cleaning during their stay. There is good mobile coverage for most networks in the cottage.
Low Season from £490
Mid Season from £640
High Season from £720
Peak Season £820
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 1 Single)
Owner: Cliff, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Rencott joined Independent Cottages in May 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 16th August 2017