5 North Street - Langton Matravers, Nr Swanage, Dorset, England - Sleeps 6
5 North Street is a mid 19th century Purbeck stone cottage under a stone tiled roof located in a private lane just off the High Street, a third of a mile from the centre of Langton Matravers village. The village has a pub that serves food and a post office/small general store.
Sitting in the centre of the Isle of Purbeck, Langton Matravers is just two and a half miles from the Dorset coastal town of Swanage with its retail outlets, shops and large supermarket. Approximately eight miles away is the market town of Wareham with its fascinating history and Corfe Castle is also within easy reach and just four miles away. There is a regular bus service (just a short walk from the cottage) taking you to these popular towns, or take a nostalgic ride on a steam train with the Swanage Railway - a lovely way to see the areas highlights on a scenic six mile trip.
Located in a Conservation Area, a great deal of the surrounding countryside around Langton Matravers is classed as being of Outstanding Natural Beauty. From the village you can walk to Dancing Ledge, a dramatic feature on the Jurassic coast, England's first natural site that received World Heritage Site status.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
5 North Street Continued
5 North Street provides a comfy retreat for six guests looking for a relaxing holiday.
The accommodation comprises:
- Sitting room with colour television (Freeview), DVD and CD player.
- Separate dining room.
- Fitted kitchen with electric cooker, fridge/freezer and microwave oven.
- Utility lobby with automatic top loading washing machine.
- Bathroom comprising bath with electric shower, wash basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- Main bedroom with 5ft wide king-size bed, wardrobe cupboard, chest of drawers and views of the Purbeck Hills and Swanage bay.
- Bedroom two with 4ft 6” wide double bed, wardrobe and bedside chest of drawers.
- Bedroom three with 4ft 6” wide double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and views of the Purbeck Hills and Swanage bay).
Outside: There is a sunny walled patio garden to the rear of the cottage with table and chairs. To the front there is off-street private parking for one large family car and a garden. There is unrestricted parking in the High Street for additional cars.
Additional information: An electric immersion heater provides hot water and the property is heated by night storage heaters.
Low Season from £360
Mid Season from £420
High Season from £570
Peak Season £780
Star Rating: 3 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (3 doubles)
Owner: Ann Garratt, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
5 North Street joined Independent Cottages in July 2006
Maximum occupancy is four adults and two children under the age of sixteen.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 8th August 2017