Boat of Cluny Cottage - Self catering holiday cottage in Aberfeldy, Perth and Kinross, Scotland - Sleeps 4
Boat of Cluny Cottage sleeps four guests and sits in a fantastic unique setting on the beautiful River Tay in Aberfeldy, Perthshire - a relaxing and peaceful holiday retreat in the stunning Scottish Highlands.
In an enviable position, the cottage nestles amongst eleven acres of land which encompasses a rolling paddock with two private fishing beats for grayling and trout (perfect for keen fisherman!) and a garden with several acres of mature trees and a magical pond with its own island. Here you can find a special place to sit and relax in the very heart of big tree country, home to the giant redwood and famous red squirrel.
The owners spent twenty years in Edinburgh running a successful small hotel and after the arrival of their baby daughter, decided to take on a new adventure, providing an unforgettable holiday experience at the Boat of Cluny. Free Wi-Fi, extra comfy beds, iPod docking station and a billiard table are just a few of the extra little things you can enjoy. Egyptian cotton bedding, towels, shower gel, hand wash, shampoo, toilet paper, washing up liquid and washing powder are a few of the other little essentials you wont have to worry about either.
Aberfeldy offers a vast array of outdoor activities to enjoy and interesting places to visit. Trout and Salmon fishing are popular when in season and what could be better than fish for supper! Cluny House Gardens are just around the corner from the cottage and display a fine example of the woodland heritage in the area. Sample a dram or two at the Aberfeldy Distillery or enjoy the scenic beautiful walks, a round of golf at Aberfeldy Gold Club or mountain biking amongst Perthshire's incredible landscape. Alternatively visit Castle Menzies or enjoy the thrill of white water rafting on the River Tay.
Whether you simply want to relax amongst beautiful Highland scenery or enjoy a whole host of outdoor activities, Boat of Cluny Cottage provides a wonderful place for a memorable holiday.
- Waterside Location
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Internet Access
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Facilities Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
Boat of Cluny Cottage enjoys a lovely south facing aspect overlooking the River Tay and has recently been renovated to provide the following accommodation and facilities:
- Solid oak flooring, log burning stove, open fireplace and double glazing making the cottage ideal all year round.
- Fully equipped kitchen with integrated appliances including dishwasher, microwave, fridge, electric oven, ceramic hob, toaster, filter coffee machine, kettle and a steam generator iron and board.
- Guests have the use of the laundry room with commercial heavy duty washing machine and dryer.
- Dining area with wood burning stove and table with seating for six. An iPod docking station is provided and a feature of this room is the table which can become a pool table by removing its top.
- Snug lounge with its cosy open fire and lovely views of the river and gardens. There is a flat screen television, DVD player and a large selection of books and games for you to enjoy.
- Two king-size bedrooms with solid oak flooring and black out blinds to ensure a good night's sleep.
- Bathroom with full bath, separate power shower, WC and wash basin.
Outside: At the front of the cottage there is a private garden and also a small secluded garden to the rear. These are just for guest's use who are also welcome to enjoy the rest of the grounds.
Additional information: Travel cot can be provided by arrangement. Complementary logs provided upon arrival. Free use of washing machine and dryer. Gas and electricity included, along with towels and bed linen. Smoking is not allowed. One well behaved dog welcome. Flexible changeover offered.
Low Season from £504
Mid Season from £630
High Season from £756
Pets: Enquire with cottage owner
Children: Enquire with cottage owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (2 Kings)
Owner: John Campbell & Ursula Friede click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Boat of Cluny Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2012