Bramley Cottage - Singleton, Chichester, West Sussex, The South Downs, England - Sleeps 6
Bramley Cottage has recently been made available to the rental market and sleeps up to six guests in three bedrooms. The cottage sits in the peaceful West Sussex village of Singleton, just a mile from Goodwood and within easy reach of the cathedral city of Chichester. Right in the very heart of the South Downs National Park, the cottage has recently under gone refurbishment with the addition of a new kitchen and bathroom, and is a popular choice for cyclists and walkers, race goers and those who want to explore the many attractions of Sussex including its beautiful national park and coastline.
The immediate area surrounding Bramley Cottage has more than its fair share of attractions. The Weald and Downland Open Air Museum is just a short walk from the cottage and a fascinating insight into nine hundred and fifty years of working life and architecture, with some fifty historic buildings to wander around set in a stunning landscape. West Dean Gardens is also within walking distance and a must for lovers of beautiful gardens. Goodwood, with its famous motor racing circuit and horse racing is close by and just a mile away, making Bramley Cottage an excellent choice for those attending events such as The Festival of Speed at the end of June and Glorious Goodwood early August.
Chichester is only six miles away and has immense appeal, not just for its city life, but also the beautiful countryside and coast surrounding it. One of the country's most well preserved Georgian cities, Chichester offers a great selection of shops and restaurants encapsulated within its historic city walls. Just wander around and admire the architecture, cathedral and galleries or visit the Novium Museum, Festival Theatre or the South Downs Planetarium. Chichester's bustling harbour adds to the charm and is popular with the sailing fraternity as well as wildlife with an abundance of birds visiting its beautiful shores.
For those who enjoy a day on the beach whilst on holiday, the golden sands of West Wittering are just perfect for a lazy day and picnic, as are the beaches dotted along the coastline around Bognor Regis, Selsey Peninsula and Littlehampton. Visit one of the areas country houses or castles including magnificent Goodwood House in Westhampnett, Arundel Castle or Petworth House and Woolbeding Gardens, both owned by the National Trust. There are nature reserves for bird watchers including Levin Down near Singleton village and Pagham Harbour (with the excellent Crab and Lobster pub), or hire a boat and explore Chichester Harbour under your own steam. The choices are endless!
For those who simply want to stay put and relax, there are lovely walks and bike rides straight from the front door. Explore the South Downs Way (accessible via Singleton Forest three miles away); cycle to Chichester via the Centurion Way which can be accessed in West Dean or enjoy a leisurely lunch in one of the excellent local village pubs (including the Partidge Inn in Singleton village).
Whether you want to simply relax and recharge, get out and about exploring, or are visiting the area to attend one of the many popular events, Bramley Cottage is a welcoming retreat at any time of the year with a lovely garden for summer months and a log fire for winter breaks.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Bramley Cottage Continued
- Porch at the front of the cottage leading into...
- Entrance hall.
- Shower room with WC and wash basin.
- Sitting room with comfy seating set around an open fire and television/DVD. Triple aspect windows provide nice views over the garden and small stream (River Lavant) that runs along the boundary. French doors let the outside in and take you out to the patio at the back of the cottage.
- Open-plan kitchen/diner with everything provided for self-catering including a dishwasher, double oven, fridge and table with chairs.
- Utility room with washing machine, large fridge/freezer and a sink - a good place to store boots, coats etc.
- Conservatory with seating, allowing you to sit 'out' in inclement weather and enjoy the garden and surrounding hills and countryside.
- Master double bedroom with king-size bed and en-suite shower room including a wash basin and WC. This room has plenty of clothes storage with drawers/dresser and wardrobe, and triple aspect windows which provide fabulous views over the Levin Down Nature Reserve. An excellent family room with a day bed. Cot provided, if required.
- Second double bedroom with dressing table and wardrobe for clothes storage.
- Third bedroom which has more limited but adequate space either side of a new four foot six double bed.
- Second bathroom with shower over an L-shape bath, WC and wash basin.
Outside: The garden at the back of the property provides plenty of space to relax outside in the warmer months. The borders have a nice selection of fruit which guests are welcome to use (often including raspberries and rhubarb when in season) and there is an apple tree (which the cottage takes its name from!) with bird feeders that attract feathered visitors. There are two patios with outdoor furniture for alfresco dining including a BBQ.
Additional information: Towels and bed linen are provided (please bring beach towels). WiFi internet access available. Children and dogs are welcome but need to be supervised when outside as the garden is open to both the river and the River Lavant (an 'intermittent' stream that drys out in the summer). An additional cleaning fee of £25 per dog applies. Prices include heating and electricity. Short breaks available out of peak season (Friday to Monday and Monday to Friday) - please enquire with the owner. Preferred payment methods are by Paypal and bank transfer but cheques will be accepted. Festival weeks at Goodwood are charged at a premium.
Low Season from £650
Mid Season from £800
High Season from £1000
Peak Season £1500
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Mon/Fri
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double & 1 Small Double)
Owner: Andrew & Clive Norrell, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Bramley Cottage joined Independent Cottages in June 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 16th August 2017