Ty Gwyn - Llwyngwril, Gwynedd, Snowdonia, Wales - Sleeps 30
The perfect venue for large gatherings - If you're looking for a venue to get a large group of friends, colleagues or family together for any sort of special occasion (wedding anniversaries, special birthdays etc.) without the inconvenience of being split across a number of properties then take a look at Ty Gwyn. Sleeping up to thirty guests in ten bedrooms (six shower rooms!), this large impressive house is just perfect for big get togethers, offering plenty of space to relax. There is also an an accessible en-suite twin room on the ground floor for elderly or infirm guests.
Comfy, warm and welcoming at any time of the year the house sits in four acres of grounds and affording lots of privacy with no nearby neighbours to restrict the fun. The views of the Cardigan Bay coastline from the front door are sure to impress, encompassing Barmouth, Pwllheli and Abersoch and if you are fortunate enough, amazing sunsets over Bardsey Island. Spend summer days relaxing in the garden, enjoying a picnic or alfresco meal soaking up the views from the decking, or having fun playing Frisbee Golf (sure to be a hit with everyone!). And if the sun's not shining, there's plenty of space indoors to sit everyone around a table once supper has been prepared. There is also an excellent pub in the village of Llwyngwril (just a five minute stroll) when you want a night off cooking as well as a shop for those forgotten provisions.
New for October 2017 will be a wood burning hot tub and sauna to add to that perfect holiday experience – the sauna will overhang the grass bank next to the glass decking and will have a glazed end, so you can enjoy the sunsets from inside the sauna! These new additions perfectly compliment the recently completed fire pit, which has the same sea view and is proving to be the most popular place to finish off any evening at Ty Gwyn.
Llwyngwril is a friendly seaside village sitting in an enviable position on the West Coast of Wales within Snowdonia's stunning national park. It has a lovely pebble and sand beach which is easily accessible below the village and within walking distance from Ty Gwyn with rock pools to explore. Surrounded by hills, wooded areas and mountains, lace up your walking boots and enjoy one of the many scenic walks. Explore the footpaths of the Mawddach Estuary, or tackle Cader Idris. Whichever of the many routes you choose, there is an abundance of wildlife to spot along the way from buzzards, peregrine falcons and red kites soaring up above, to seals and dolphins splashing around in the bay. And when it's time to relax at the end of the day, head down to the beach, light a fire and enjoy a 'sundowner'!
The area offers world class mountain biking or more leisurely rides along the Mawddach Trail, white water rafting at Bala for those seeking adrenaline fun (thirty minutes away), as well as plenty of attractions for day trips out. Head to the glorious sands and harbour of Barmouth, Take the kids crabbing at Shell Island, visit Harlech's magnificent castle, Portmeirion Village or Aberdyfi in the opposite direction, a true jewel in Cardigan Bay's impressive crown.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Ty Gwyn Continued
If you're looking for relaxed comfy self-catering at an affordable price, with all the right ingredients for a fun time away with friends, look no further.
Accommodation is split across three floors:
Living - an incredibly social place
- A highlight of the house is a proper bar with fridge to chill wines, beers and mixers, optics (working) and beer taps (decorative). A great place to pull up a stool and chat about the days adventures over a glass or two!
- Cinema with large screen, surround sound, PS4, projector and proper cinema seats.
- Games room which both the adults and kids will love on the top floor with pool table.
- Guests can enjoy a Sonos music system fully linked throughout the entire house - once you have downloaded the Sonas App you can enjoy listening to your own music and play whatever takes your fancy.
- Comfy sitting room for relaxing with wood burning stove and leather sofas.
- Dining room with large table seating eighteen and an additional table which can accommodate a full house when needed.
- Kitchen and Pantry - well equipped with everything needed to prepare a light snack through to a full roast.
Sleeping - ten bedrooms accommodate up to thirty guests (floor plan available).
- Top Bedroom sleeps four and is a family room with four single beds.
- Linda’s Room, Jack’s Room, Brown and Green rooms each sleep two and have king-size beds.
- The Red Room has two single beds that can be placed together to form a ‘Super King-sized’ bed.
- Big Bunkroom sleeps six in three sets of bunk beds.
- Blue Room and Colin’s Room are family rooms sleeping four and have king-size doubles and bunk beds.
- The Silver Room is on the ground floor making it suitable for those with limited mobility. It has a an accessible en-suite wet room and offers flexible sleeping with two single beds that can be pushed together if required.
- No fighting over the bathroom in the morning with six shower rooms and six cloak rooms with WC's.
Additional information: Prices include heating, electricity and bed linen (but not towels). Cots and highchairs available if required. Wi-Fi internet access. No smoking and unfortunately no pets - the owners have cats and dogs themselves but have to be quite strict about not having pets of any kind as they have a lot of guests with asthma or other allergies who book with them specifically because they don’t accept pets (all pillows and duvets are hypoallergenic for the same reason). Laundry room with sink, washing machine and plenty of drying racks. Plenty of parking onsite with four acres of grounds.
Prices: We are currently offering weekend breaks of two and three nights (two nights minimum normally but three nights over school holidays). Two nights are charged at £2400 and three nights are £3400 (which works out at £40, and £37 per person per night respectively if there are thirty guests - great value for money for such a big house with bar, cinema, hot tub, sauna and possibly one of the best views of the West coast of Wales! Guests are free to arrive anytime after 2pm on the first day and leave at 4pm on the day of departure, so no rushing around on the last morning to be up and out early, meaning lots of time to relax with friends and family after any sort of celebration. A refundable cautionary deposit of £500 (to be paid by bank transfer) is required for all bookings. An additional charge of £250 applies for guests who want to use the hot tub and sauna - for this you will also get 1.5 cubic metres of logs which should also provide enough wood for the fire pit and wood burner for the duration of your stay (as long as you don’t burn too much in the fire pit on your first night!). Alternatively, for those who will not be using the sauna or the hot tub, the logs can be ordered for you for £90 for the wood burner and fire pit.
Changeover Day: Thursday
Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 30 people in 10 bedrooms (3 Family rooms, 1 Bunk room, 2 Twin, 4 Kings)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Linda Lee, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Ty Gwyn joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2016
Owner's Other Properties
2 night bookings offered at £2400 and 3 nights at £3400 - so £40 and £37 each per night respectively if there are 30 of you.
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 15th August 2017
Approximate Location of Ty Gwyn
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book