Cockle Kitty Cottage - Cliftonhill, Kelso, Scottish Borders, Scotland - Sleeps 4
Three delightful welcoming holiday cottages created from a former barn, sitting in an elevated peaceful position within easy reach of Kelso in the Scottish Borders - ideal for shopping, eating out and local attractions.
Within easy access of Kelso, the cottages are ideal for shopping, eating out and local attractions, along with relaxing weekends away.
Poetically described as 'The most beautiful, if not the most romantic town in Scotland' by Sir Walter Scott, Kelso sits in a stunning setting, amongst the Cheviot Hills, with the River Tweed (famous for salmon fishing) winding its way around its pretty cottages and fascinating church which is octagonal in shape. With its elegant charm, impressive townhouses gracefully adorn its streets and its cobbled square dating back to the 18th century is a joy to wander around with its fantastic independent shops selling hand-made pottery, striking tweeds, stylish cashmere and local produce for stocking up on those all important essential goods - with its sophisticated French market feel, Kelso truly puts the fun back into shopping.
In the heart of reiver country, Kelso is a superb base for exploring the Scottish Borders with all its interesting history, sports facilities, geography and both outdoor and relaxing activities. The area has much to offer in terms of eating establishments and unique shops in the charming Border Towns. The Borders are world famous for salmon fishing with Kelso boasting the renowned Junction Pool on the river Tweed (brown trout fishing is also available on the river Tweed and its tributaries and The Eden offers grayling fishing - free to guests by arrangement with the owners).
- For those seeking an activity based holiday - fabulous on-site tennis courts for guests use; golf for those who enjoy a round in a stunning setting; lovely walks for exploring the area by foot; or by bike with the Tweed Cycle Way providing miles of fun; pony trekking and superb fishing.
- Relaxation - retail therapy doesn't get much better with wonderful independent shops to browse in Kelso; pamper yourself at the beauty salons; wander around the many historic houses and beautiful gardens; Visit Northumberland's stunning sandy beaches or enjoy the peace and tranquility of the Abbeys dotted throughout the Borders.
- For dining out - Kelso offers a good choice of places to enjoy a leisurely lunch or dinner including the Queenshead Bistro, The Cobbles and Oscars wine bar.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Cockle Kitty Cottage Continued
- Spacious lounge with enormous arch-shaped French window that faces East, letting the morning sun flood in. There is a dining table with ample seating and a compact log burner for chilly nights. Beautiful oak flooring compliments the room and extends in to the kitchen and along the glass corridor.
- Nicely presented kitchen offering everything needed for a self-catering holiday. A door leads out onto the wooden decking area with garden furniture and spectacular views over the beautiful rolling hills.
- Double bedroom with king-sized sleigh bed and lovely south facing views over the Cheviot hills some twelve miles away
- Twin bedroom which also affords the same views.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, WC and wash basin.
Additional information: The cottage is equipped with a dishwasher, television and stereo. Bed linen is provided along with towels and logs. Guests have the shared use of a washing machine and tumble drier (along with laundry facilities including an iron and board).
Low Season from £280
Mid Season from £350
High Season from £480
Peak Season £550
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Maggie Stewart, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Cockle Kitty Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2006
Owner's Other Properties
If you have been inspired by Wimbledon and Andy Murray book up to stay at Plum Braes Barn and enjoy the lovely all weather tennis court!
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 24th July 2017
Approximate Location of Cockle Kitty Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book