The Wriggly Tin - Millers Dale, Buxton, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 9
Wriggly Tin is as unique as its name and provides a comfy spacious holiday retreat for large groups of up to nine guests within the Peak District's stunning national park. Beautifully blending quirky character with stylish furnishings, what was once the Wriggly Tin Cafe, has now been cleverly transformed to provide self-catering of a high standard.
Enjoy an abundance of traditional features with vaulted ceilings providing a lovely sense of space, a log burner for cosy nights in and solid wood and stone floors with under floor heating making it cosy under foot. There is also ample outside living space for when the sun shines with plentiful outside seating allowing everyone to BBQ, alfresco dine and soak up the fabulous views. With a choice of patio's there is always a peaceful spot to enjoy a quiet moment with a good book and a lawn area for relaxing.
Conveniently located, Wriggly Tin is perfectly sandwiched between the market town of Bakewell and the spa town of Buxton with an abundance of attractions within easy reach and opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts. The cottage sits in the pretty village of Millers Dale, with a pub serving real ale within walking distance.
There are numerous walks and cycle rides directly from the front door including the Monsal Trail which passes close to the cottage, and provides over eight miles of traffic free enjoyment. The surrounding area also offers rock climbing and abseiling.
Perfect for large groups of friends or families, Wriggly Tin sits in a simply stunning position and is surrounded by peace and tranquility with all the right ingredients to relax and unwind in comfort and style.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
The Wriggly Tin Continued
You enter via the upper ground level:
- Entrance hall with cloak room including a WC and wash basin, as well as space to store boots and wet clothes.
- Kitchen with dining area, well equipped with everything needed for self-catering. There is a large table where everyone can sit in comfort and enjoy supper together, as well as a 'snug' area to the side with comfy seating, television, DVD player and Sky. At the far end is the kitchen well equipped with dishwasher, fridge, freezer, electric oven and microwave - an incredibly social space for entertaining.
- Sitting room with comfy seating, television (with Sky Plus), iPod docking, CD player and lovely wood burning stove - a great place to relax after supper and enjoy a tipple or two whilst planning your next day's adventures.
- House bathroom with shower cubicle, bath, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- A set of stairs take you up to a twin bedroom with two single beds, clothes storage and dressing table. Skylights let the light flood in.
Lower ground floor
- Stairs take you down to three further bedrooms with the first being a large family room with three singles, chest of drawers and wardrobe - a great room if you have children in your party but equally as suited to adults.
- Double bedroom which also has a wardrobe and drawers as well as access out onto a Juliet balcony - enjoy the views with your morning tea!
- Additional double bedroom with clothes storage and lovely views over the garden and dale beyond.
- Two shower rooms with heated towel rails, WC and wash basins are located on this floor.
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer - a good place for drying wet outdoor gear.
Outside: Guests have the private use of a patio area with outdoor furniture (and BBQ) providing a great place for alfresco dining with fabulous views over the surrounding countryside. There is also a lower patio where you can sit and lawn area for relaxing when the sun shines. Parking for up to three cars outside with a further two spaces in the Monsal Trail car park adjacent to the cottage.
Additional information: A welcome pack is provided upon arrival so that you can make a cup of tea or coffee. Free Wi-Fi internet access. Beds are made up ready for arrival with fresh crisp linen. Underfloor heating, electricity and towels also included in the price. Unfortunately no pets and strictly no smoking. A cot is available (please bring your own cot bedding) with room in each room to accommodate it.
Low Season from £700
Mid Season from £800
High Season from £1050
Peak Season £1299
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 9 people in 4 bedrooms (1 Triple, 1 Twin & 2 Doubles)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Karen & Peter Barlow, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Wriggly Tin joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th August 2017