The East Wing at Rufford Park Lodge - Newark, Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, England - Sleeps 10
Rufford Park Lodge sleeps up to ten guests in five bedrooms and nestles within Sherwood Forest in Nottingham, famed for being the stomping patch of Robin Hood. An impressive building that was formerly the residence of the estate gamekeeper, this spacious holiday home with hot tub occupies the East Wing of the building in an idyllic position, in what was once the estate to Rufford Abbey.
Brimming with history, the area has wide appeal with an abundance of historic sites to visit, great restaurants, golf courses and plenty to occupy those who enjoy walking and cycling. Rufford Abbey is within walking distance of the property (twenty minutes by foot or a short drive), and there is also a golf course and country club on the same road for those who enjoy a game.
Run with the help of English Heritage, Rufford Abbey is Nottingham's most popular attraction. The country park surrounding the magnificent Cistercian remains offers lovely woodland walks (home to an abundance of wildlife), gift and craft shops, a cafe and beautiful gardens to stroll around.
Perfect for getting together with families or friends, Rufford Park Lodge has five bedrooms, with one on the ground floor making it suitable for those with limited mobility. It has a dining room with large table that everyone can sit around, a sitting room with log burner for cosy nights catching up in front of the fire, and a six/seven seater hot tub in the courtyard - what better way to end the day with a long bubble under a bright starry sky.
Old Ollerton village is close by and home to Nottingham's only working water mill that is now an excellent tea room. Just a short drive away, the village has a choice of traditional welcoming pubs for a meal out. New Ollerton offers takeaways as well as supermarkets for provisions, and the historic village of Edwinstowe, home to the Major Oak and Robin Hood Visitor and Craft Centres, which also has excellent places for a special meal out.
The area also offers plenty of attractions for day trips including Go Ape in the Forest for a tree top adventure; Adrenaline Jungle for everything adrenaline based including quad biking, paint balling, 4 x 4 driving and assault courses; Wheelgate Adventure Theme Park and White Post Farm for a family day with the animals.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
The East Wing at Rufford Park Lodge Continued
- Kitchen with electric range cooker (including extractor over), microwave, dishwasher, large fridge, separate large freezer and breakfast table with bench seating for six. The floor is tiled and there is a utility area with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Dining room with long table providing seating for ten, allowing guests to all enjoy supper together. French doors take you outside to the decking where you can enjoy alfresco dining in the warmer months.
- Welcoming sitting room with comfy seating set around the wood burning stove and large flatscreen television (including Sky, HD box and surround sound). There are two sofas (one seating two and the other three), an armchair and also two bean bags. Patio doors from this room also take you outside to the decking and courtyard with outdoor furniture and hot tub - relax inside in front of the fire or outside bubbling under the stars!
- Double bedroom with plenty of clothes storage in the wardrobe and chest of drawers, along with an en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin. This room affords nice views over the garden and deer park.
- Two twin bedrooms overlooking the courtyard which both have plenty of clothes storage (one also has a flatscreen television with Freeview channels, Sky, recorder and PS2 console - sure to be a hit with the younger ones!).
- Double bedroom with views over the deer park and plenty of wardrobe and drawer space.
- Family shower room with wash basin and WC.
- Family bathroom with both a Jacuzzi bath for a long soak at the end of the day, large separate shower cubicle, WC and wash basin.
- Additional double bedroom with big wardrobe and television (with DVD and Freeview HD box). This room also has nice views over the deer park.
Outside: There is a decking area and courtyard with outdoor furniture for relaxing when the sun shines and six/seven seater hydrotherapy hot tub.
Additional information: Dogs are welcome (please keep them in the tiled kitchen, utility and dining areas). Prices include heating between 1st May to 30th September (a surcharge applies at all other times), electricity, bed linen and towels, as well as a starter pack of logs and kindling to get your first fire going. Wifi internet access throughout the property. Short breaks available (three night minimum) throughout the year. Changeover day is normally on a Friday, Monday or Saturday. The hot tub is available to use between 11:00 and 22:00 (restricted outside of these hours to ensure the neighbours are not disturbed). Bike storage available (including a three bike rack for storage).
Low Season from £1344
Mid Season from £1487
High Season from £1686
Peak Season £2080
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms (2 Doubles + 1 Ground Floor Double & 2 Twins)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Donna Searle & Derek Armstrong, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The East Wing at Rufford Park Lodge joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2017
Short breaks available - Friday to Monday, Monday to Friday, Friday to Friday and Saturday to Saturday, all at 75% of the weekly price. Please see our website for details.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 28th May 2017