Riverside Cottage - Wroxham, Norfolk, The Norfolk Broads, England - Sleeps 6+2
Situated in an idyllic position over looking the River Bure, within two minute's walk of Wroxham village centre, 'Riverside' and 'Anchor' cottages offer the perfect relaxing waterside self-catering holiday. The holiday cottages sleep up to eight per cottage (20% discount for four or less), and sleep parties of sixteen if hired together.
An ideal holiday location for those seeking a fantastic waterside retreat, the cottages are conveniently placed at the very heart of the beautiful Norfolk Broads. Whether you want to enjoy boating, feed the ducks, try your hand at fishing, eat out at the numerous pubs and restaurants (many that are a short stroll away) or want to visit the sandy Norfolk beaches, the cottages offer an ideal family retreat for a holiday or short break. Also nearby are Bure Railway, houses and gardens, the historic vibrant City of Norwich and peaceful Broadland Villages, each with their own unique charm.
Riverside and Anchor Cottage both afford small waterside patio gardens (with furniture) where you can sit outside during the warmer months and watch the sun go down over the River Bure whilst alfresco dining. Guests can even moor a boat (bring your own or hire one locally) on the private mooring (seventeen foot) allowing you to explore the waterways directly from the front door. For those who enjoy fishing, you can fish straight from the riverside garden!
Wroxham is made up of two Broadland villages (Wroxham and Hoveton) which sit each side of the River Bure, connected by a 17th Century low bridge. Referred to as the 'Capital of the Broads', Wroxham is a popular location for a holiday with lots of waterside pubs and restaurants within a short stroll of the cottages. The place where the hire-boat industry first started back in the Victorian times, Wroxham still retains much elegance and charm associated with this period. Within the town are a selection of shops including 'Roys of Wroxham', claimed to be the country's largest village store.
For those who want to explore the wider area, the sandy beaches of Norfolk are within easy reach (fifteen minutes by car) or head to the historic city of Norwich with its superb shops, attractions and eating establishments.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Riverside Cottage Continued
Accommodation and facilities at Riverside Cottage comprise:
- Large lounge area overlooking the river with alcove facing the water and window providing lovely river views. Lounge with comfy sofa and chairs, television, DVD player, gas fire and patio doors that lead out to a small riverside garden.
- Dining area which is open plan to the lounge with large dining table and adequate seating for eight to nine guests.
- Cloakroom with WC and washbasin.
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric cooker, dishwasher, microwave, toaster and fridge (there is also a small chest freezer in the garage (accessed via an internal door from the hall).
- Fully tiled family bathroom with bath and shower over, wash basin with vanity light and shaver socket.
- Double bedroom with double bed wardrobe, bedside table and storage drawers.
- Twin bedroom with two low single beds.
- Bedroom with two single bunk beds (one above the other and offset at ninety degrees).
- Family bathroom, fully tiled with shower over bath, WC and washbasin.
- Master bedroom with king-size bed, wardrobe, bedside tables and drawers for storage. A cot is available for the master bedroom if required.
- En-suite Bathroom with corner bath, WC and wash basin.
Outside: There is a garden with patio table and chairs, separated from the private 17ft mooring and quay by a three foot high fence with a gate (children must be supervised by the river at all times). Guests can use the mooring for their own small boat or hire boat during the stay.
Additional information: Changeover day can be Monday or Friday; Prices are inclusive of heating, electricity and bed linen. A high chair & cot are available upon request; Short breaks may be available - please enquire with owner.
Low Season from £495
Mid Season from £995
High Season from £1205
Peak Season £1395
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6+2 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Twin, 1 Bunk bed room)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Nigel Richards, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Riverside Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2007
Owner's Other Properties
Free wifi wireless internet access for all guests.20% discount for partiesof 4 guests or less.(Cannot be used inconjunction with any otheroffers)
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th May 2017