Retreat Cottage - Heacham, King's Lynn, Norfolk, England - Sleeps 6+2
Retreat Cottage sleeps up to six adults and two children in four bedrooms and is a spacious detached holiday home in the Norfolk seaside village of Heacham.
Situated on the Northwest Norfolk coastline between Hunstanton and Kings Lynn, Heacham is a popular family holiday destination. It is home to the Norfolk Lavender Farm and has two sandy beaches, eating establishments, a large duck pond, children's playing field and shops for stocking up on provisions.
Heacham takes its name from its river (the Hitch) and its 12th century overlord Geoffrey de Hecham. It has a long history dating back to Roman times and today, it is a thriving village community with much to offer with its incredible east coast sunsets fringed by beautifully fragrant lavender and deep red poppy fields.
Visitors and locals alike enjoy the soft undulating Norfolk countryside and gently sloping beaches which have changed little over the years. Here you can enjoy a walk or bike ride (cycle hire available locally) to Hunstanton along the seafront which also offers a good selection of shops, along with markets, swimming pool, theatre, the Sea Life Centre and other traditional seaside entertainments including a fairground.
The area offers many attractions which not only include the beautiful lavendar fields but also: Park Farm in Snettisham with its farm activities, horse-riding and adventure playground for the children; Snettisham Coastal Park which is popular with bird watchers; the ancient Norman castle at Castle Rising; Bircham Windmill, one of the few fully working windmills left and Sandringham Estate with its beautiful gardens, picnic areas and nature trails.
Whether you are looking for a relaxing family holiday by the sea or want to explore the many delights of Norfolk, Heacham has much to offer.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Retreat Cottage Continued
- Large, sunny lounge with bay window, open fire, two large comfortable sofas, armchairs, flat screen digital television, Freeview hard disk recorder, DVD player and CD player.
- Open-plan kitchen/breakfast room equipped with cooker combing electric oven and gas hob, fridge/freezer, microwave oven, automatic washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, small flat screen Freeview television and a breakfast table seating six.
- Separate dining room with table and chairs to seat six. High chair and booster chair provided.
- Downstairs shower room with WC.
- Master bedroom with king-size bed.
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Children's bedroom containing bunk beds and a cot - All the bedrooms have drawers and wardrobes, along with duvets, light blankets and pillows (non-allergenic and feather) that are provided. Please note that bed linen and towels can be hired by prior arrangement at an additional charge.
- Bathroom which includes a shower above the bath, wash basin and WC
Outside: To the front of the cottage is a pretty enclosed garden. The main garden to the rear is enclosed and has both sunny and shady areas to relax (garden furniture and barbecue provided). There is a large lawn where children can play and let off steam and a children's covered play area. Private parking for three cars.
Additional information: Gas central heating. Coal and firewood are included in the price for the open fire. Sorry, no pets.
Low Season from £270
Mid Season from £320
High Season from £400
Peak Season £625
Star Rating: 3 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6+2 people in 4 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double, 1 Twin & Child's rm with bunk beds)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Clare Rooth, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Retreat Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2012
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 2nd September 2017