Timbers - Lyndhurst, Hampshire, The New Forest, England - Sleeps 10
Timbers sleeps up to ten guests in five bedrooms and offers spacious self-catering for large family groups and friends. Perfectly located in a peaceful residential area of Lyndhurst, the 'capital' of the New Forest, this welcoming holiday home is well placed for discovering the beauty of this wonderful national park.
Offering relaxed and comfy accommodation, there is plenty of space both inside and out to cook, socialise, relax and sleep. Whether you want to holiday in the area or find a venue to celebrate a special occasion, Timbers provides a warm welcome at any time of the year.
Easily accessible, you can leave your desk in the afternoon and be relaxing in the New Forest within just a couple of hours, whether you arrive by train or car. Lyndhurst is under five miles from the M27 and smack bang in the middle of the forest with all the major attractions within easy reach, excellent amenities in the town and wonderful forest walks and cycle rides accessible from the front door.
A place where ponies and cattle roam freely, the New Forest was formerly a royal hunting ground and is home to an abundance of wildlife. It offers miles of beautiful forest walks and trails to explore by foot, bike or horseback, or take it easy and enjoy a picnic in the forest under the canopy of the trees.
There are plenty of fun-packed days out and a trip to the Lyndhurst Visitor Information Centre in the heart of the town will help you plan the best ones for you and your party. Book to go pony trekking at one of the local riding stables; Spend the day at Beaulieu Motor Museum (sure to be a hit with not only the men but also the women!); Brush up on your maritime history at Buckler's Hard; Take the ferry to the Isle of Wight from Lymington; Visit Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary; Portsmouth Historic Dockyard; Exbury Gardens (spectacular in the spring); Or enjoy a day by the sea (the coast is only ten miles away!) visiting Bournemouth, Southampton or head in-land to the cities of Salisbury and Winchester.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
- Sitting room with three comfy sofas set around the television (including a DVD player). Large windows at the end of the room let the light flood into the room and provide views over the garden.
- Dining room which is perfect for more formal meals and a nice place to plan your next day's adventures over supper or enjoy a celebratory meal. There is a long oak table with seating for eight, an additional table for carving and a grandfather clock which adds to the charm and nostalgia.
- Large well-equipped kitchen with additional farmhouse table for more casual dining seating up to ten guests. The kitchen offers everything needed to self-cater including a dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer and double ovens (electric). Large patio doors take you outside into the garden and there is a DAB radio and CD player (with iPod connection).
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer - a great place to dry outdoor clothing.
- Maryknowl bedroom with a double bed and garden view.
- The White bedroom is a twin which also has the same view and the addition of a television mounted on the wall.
- St Lucia is a bright and cheerful room with two single beds and garden views.
- UNC is a delightful double bedroom presented in calming duck egg blue colours. Inspired by the families visits to North Carolina, this dual aspect room has a lovely wooden floor.
- Butterick is the smallest double of them all but affords great views over the garden to the front of the property.
- Shower room with WC and wash basin.
- Bathroom which also has a walk-in shower cubicle as well as a bath, WC and wash basin.
Outside: The house is surrounded by mature gardens with a patio at the back of the property for alfresco dining, and a front decking area which is a real sun trap. Plenty of space for younger ones to let off steam with lawn areas and a swing. Off-road parking on the driveway at the front.
Additional information: Unlimited WiFi throughout the house. Bedlinen, heating and electricity included in the price (please bring your own towels). Cot (by prior request) and high chair available. Short breaks available at certain times of the year - please enquire with the owner. Unfortunately dogs cannot be accepted. No hen or stag parties.
Low Season from £1200
Mid Season from £1600
High Season from £2100
Peak Season £2100
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms (3 Doubles & 2 Twins)
Group booking details:
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: No
Owner: Nicky Hyde, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Timbers joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 17th August 2017
Approximate Location of Timbers
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book