The Pottery - Milford on Sea, Hampshire, The New Forest, England - Sleeps 8-12
The Pottery sleeps parties of up to twelve guests in six bedrooms and offers the best of both worlds being located in the coastal village of Milford on Sea, on the edge of the New Forest National Park. Just ten minutes by foot to the beaches lined with pretty beach huts, five minutes to the heart of the village with shops, pubs and restaurants, and only a mile from the national park boundary, The Pottery is an excellent choice for those wanting to spend time with family or friends.
Sitting in a quiet leafy part of the village amidst three quarters of an acre of garden, The Pottery offers a lovely mix of country charm and modern conveniences and provides plenty of space for everyone to relax and unwind.
The area offers plenty to see and do. Not only are there beaches for lazy days on the doorstep, and the forest offering miles of superb walking, cycling and horse riding; but there are picturesque little villages with traditional inns for leisurely lunches, an abundance of wildlife and plenty of attractions for day trips out.
Take the coastal footpath from Milford on Sea to Hurst Castle, or Barton on Sea with places to stop for refreshment. From Hurst Castle you can jump on the ferry and visit Keyhaven's buzzing harbour and nature reserve. Visit the bustling market town of Lymington, full of Georgian charm with its lovely brand name shops, independent boutiques lining the quayside and popular Saturday market. Catch the Isle of Wight Ferry from Lymington for a fantastic day exploring the island, or visit the Beaulieu National Motor Museum, Beaulieu Abbey and nearby Buckler's Hard.
Younger party members are sure to love a day at Paulton's Theme Park, home to Peppa Pig World and Bournemouth for some traditional seaside fun (the Oceanarium is sure to be a holiday highlight). And for those inclement days, visit the cities of Salisbury and Winchester, both with beautiful cathedrals, eateries and shops to browse.
The Pottery is available to rent for just a few weeks of the year (see calendar for availability) and is charged at £2495 per week or £370 per night (a reduced rate of £272 per night or £1900 per week is offered for parties of eight or less).
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
The Pottery Continued
Accommodation is very family-friendly and comprises:
- At the heart of the house is a large kitchen with dining area. L shaped, there is plenty of space to cook and dine with large bifold glass doors that let the outside flood in and provide access to the terrace and sunny garden. With a terracotta floor, the kitchen is equipped with dishwasher, range cooker (with extractor over), butchers block, fridge/freezer and cupboards well stocked with crockery, glassware, pans etc. There is also a television (including DVD player) , Bluetooth wireless sound system, and dining area with comfy seating and dining table with chairs.
- Sitting room with sofas and chairs for relaxing, television (including a digi box), DVD player and log burner in the fireplace adding to the cosy atmosphere.
- Second sitting room with sofa, Freeview television (including DVD player) and table with seating for up to six - a nice place for the younger ones to tuck themselves away while the adults socialise.
- Laundry/cloak room with washing machine, sink and airer, as well as a WC.
- Family bedroom with king-size bed, single bed and room to add an extra single if required. This room is next to...
- House bathroom.
- King-size bedroom with lovely en-suite shower room (including 'his and hers' wash bowls) with a vaulted ceiling adding a lovely sense of space to the room.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds which is great for kids. Tucked away in the eves, this quaint room has Velux windows letting the light in and is next to...
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom three on the first floor is compact and can be made up as a double or single.
- Children's bedroom with a top single bunk bed and the option to have an additional single Z-bed added.
- En-suite loft bedroom which offers lots of privacy tucked away from the main house and accessed by a separate spiral staircase (not suitable for those with limited mobility). This room has plenty of space with a small table and two chairs plus a toaster and kettle
Outside: Guests have a large sunny garden with plenty of space to relax, play games (there is a climbing frame for children's enjoyment) and dine on the terrace. Outdoor furniture is provided with space for up to twelve guests to alfresco dine. Off road parking available for up to five vehicles.
Additional information: Chickens are kept alongside the garden and are fed twice daily. A gardener visits each week to keep the garden tidy and pretty. As the photos indicate, there is a working pottery alongside the road and an attractive gypsy wagon which, along with the paved area outside it, is purely for the use of the potters (sorry but guests cannot use the wagon). Bed linen is provided but please bring your own towels. Prices include heating and electricity. Pottery courses can be booked with the owner.
High Season from £2495
Peak Season £2495
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8-12 people in 6 bedrooms (1 Family bedroom, 1 Twin, 1 King, 1 Double/Single, 1 Single & 1 Double)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Lucy Rogers, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Pottery joined Independent Cottages in June 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 8th August 2017