Inglewood Cottage - New Milton, Nr New Forest, Hampshire, England - Sleeps 6
Inglewood Cottage sleeps up to six guests in three bedrooms and is a modern stylish family-friendly holiday home sitting on the outskirts of the New Forest. Located within the bustling town of New Milton, Inglewood Cottage offers the best of both worlds within easy reach of both the forest and the sea.
Providing lots of space for friends, families and also couples, the cottage offers a comfortable retreat for a relaxing break at any time of the year yet has the benefit of being near good amenities. With an en-suite master bedroom on the ground floor, Inglewood Cottage is also ideal for those with limited mobility.
New Milton is a small town in Hampshire with a good range of shops including a local butcher, baker, takeaways, post office, chemists and small supermarkets, along with a Tesco within half a mile of the cottage.
The New Forest area is a popular tourist destination at any time of the year with wonderful forest walks, plenty of attractions and an abundance of wildlife including the famous New Forest ponies, donkeys and cattle that roam freely. Spend the day on one of the stunning local beaches or pack a picnic and explore the forest with its pretty villages and towns including Brockenhurst, Beaulieu, Burley, Lyndhurst (the 'capital' of the forest) and the pretty quayside market town of Lymington.
Barton on Sea is the nearest beach to the cottage and a must to visit. Five star rated, it is one of the many local peaceful beaches to enjoy a day by the sea and is just a forty minute walk from the cottage (or a short car ride). Here you can enjoy the wonderful views that stretch to the Needles on the Isle of Wight whilst enjoying a walk along the beach or cliff top. A cafe and fish restaurant both provide refreshments and there is a golf course.
The medieval town of Christchurch is nearby where you can enjoy relaxed riverside walks (don't forget the bread to feed the swans!) and discover the priory church and castle ruins, along with traditional gift shops, coffee houses and a bandstand for entertainment in the warmer weather. Go crabbing on Mudeford Quay or walk across the salt marshes at Keyhaven Nature Reserve (great for bird spotting) near Lymington where you can catch the ferry to the Isle of Wight.
For those who enjoy outdoor activities, the forest provides excellent opportunities for walking, cycling and pony trekking; combined with water sports along the coast. If you are seeking family fun, take the little ones for a day at Paultons Family Theme Park with Peppa Pig World and a water kingdom or visit Beaulieu Motor Museum where there are plenty of cars to admire and go-karts for those seeking a faster pace.
A little further afield, the beaches of the South Coast including Bournemouth beckon or visit the historic sites of both Hampshire and Dorset - the choices are endless including plenty of traditional inns and restaurants for long leisurely lunches!
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Inglewood Cottage Continued
With plenty of space and a stylish decor, accommodation comprises:
- Open plan well equipped kitchen which is fitted with range cooker (including Gas hob/electric double oven and extractor above), separate grill, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave and even a Tassimo Coffee machine (pods provided so you can enjoy a cup of coffee the minute you arrive!). There is a breakfast bar with seating for four guests and a Freeview television - the perfect place to sit and enjoy a glass of wine whilst keeping the cook company.
- Adjacent is the dining area with table and seating for six - plenty of space for everyone to enjoy supper together and catch up on the days adventures!
- Utility area directly off the kitchen with washing machine, sink and door that leads out onto the patio and into the rear garden.
- Large, airy sitting room with Freeview digital television (thirty two inch), DVD player, iPod docking, CD player/stereo and ample seating for seven guests provided by two sofas and two chairs. There are also two wicker chairs for the little ones, an electric fire for additional warmth if necessary and double doors taking you out into the garden.
- Cloakroom off the hallway, along with storage cupboard.
- Master bedroom with king-size bed and en-suite bathroom with bath, wash basin, WC and separate power shower.
- Second king-size bedroom.
- Twin bedroom - all bedrooms have plenty of storage space.
- Bathroom with bath, WC, wash basin and separate power shower.
Outside: Entirely enclosed, the rear garden affords a private position which is not overlooked and has a lawn area for relaxing during the warmer months and two patio areas which are equipped with outdoor furniture (seating six and four guests) for sitting out and alfresco dining. Deck chairs are also provided for additional relaxation and taking to the beach, along with a charcoal BBQ. There is a garage (ideal as bike storage) which houses the tumble dryer along with fishing nets, buckets, spades etc. Guests also benefit from the use of a parking permit for two cars which allows up to three hours parking in the New Forest free of charge.
Additional information: Wi-Fi internet access. Travel cot and also stair gates are available by arrangement. Welcome pack containing a selection of locally produced New Forest goodies! Gas and electricity are included in the price and linen and towels are provided (including tea towels). Underfloor heating makes it warm and cosy underfoot! Supermarket deliveries can be accepted on the day of arrival and put away for you. Babysitter by arrangement (fully Qualified NNEB). Short breaks (two night minimum) available out of peak season. Monthly bookings taken - please enquire with the owner. Accessible for Wheelchair users if you have a ramp.
Low Season from £555
Mid Season from £905
High Season from £1095
Peak Season £1295
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Kings & 1 Twin)
Owner: Liz Burton, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Inglewood Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2014
Autumn short breaks in November - 3 night minimum stay, or why not stay the week? Booking now for 2018! Splash through the New Forest or walk the clifftops with fab views -have some fun!
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th August 2017