East Cottage - Avington, Nr Winchester, Hampshire, England - Sleeps 7
Avington Park Farm Cottages is an award winning single storey 5 Star holiday home, situated on a working farm in Hampshire near to Winchester. Set in a wonderfully tranquil position opposite to the River Itchen, this architect designed 'eco build' provides a peaceful retreat at any time of the year, ideal for couples or larger groups of family and friends.
East Cottage sleeps up to seven guests and is attached to West Cottage (sleeps three). Both cottages are available for renting separately but can be interlinked together to become one large holiday home sleeping up to twelve guests (with the use of extra folding beds).
With sustainability in mind, central heating and hot water are supplied by a Wood chip boiler and each living area also has a log burner, creating a cosy atmosphere throughout.
The surrounding area offers a host of attractions and interesting places to visit. For golfers, The Park Golf Course is just half a mile away and guests staying at Avington Park Farm Cottages can gain a discount on green fees. Fishing is another popular pursuit and the famous Avington Trout Lakes are just two hundred meters away! Sitting just three miles from the western end of the South Downs Way and with the Kings Way, Itchen Way and St Swithuns Way all crossing the farm, the local area provides plenty of good walking opportunities and for cyclists, there are National Cycle Network routes accessible nearby (bike racks provided at the cottages so don't forget to bring your bike!).
For a family fun day out, visit Marwell Zoo or Moors Valley Country Park and Forest with Go Ape for some high wire tree top adventures. Avington House Stately Home is also on the doorstep and open to the public of a weekend during the summer months, or discover the joy of railway heritage with the Watercress Line and a nostalgic trip on a steam train. The surrounding area also offers plenty of places to enjoy a meal out including The Bush Inn at Ovington which is just a mile away and sits on the River Itchen or for a special treat book in advance for a meal at the Hotel Du Vin at Winchester.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Stables/Livery Onsite
East Cottage Continued
The holiday cottages have been thoughtfully and carefully designed specifically for holiday use and offer all the comforts you would expect of a home. Efficient heating and plenty of hot water ensure your comfort at any time of the year with the added cosiness and charm of a log burner! Bedrooms are spacious; living areas are ideal for getting together and kitchens are fully equipped to allow you to easily prepare meals whilst enjoying the company of your party.
East Cottage is featured within this advert and comprises:
- Bedroom one can be arranged as a twin with two singles or as a double. There is an en-suite with shower over the bath, WC and wash basin, along with wardrobe, chest of drawers and dressing table.
- Bedroom two can also be made up as either two singles or double and has wardrobe and drawers for clothes storage, dressing table and a bathroom with shower over bath, wash basin and WC.
- Bedroom three offers the same flexible bed configuration but also has an additional three foot single bed, dressing table and drawers. This room has a wet room bathroom with disabled facilities, shower, WC and wash basin.
- Living area with log burner (initial logs provided), two sofas, coffee table, thirty two inch LCD television with “Freesat” and DVD player.
- Dining area with table and chairs seating eight.
- Kitchen area with dishwasher, microwave, electric cooker and hob, fridge, toaster, kettle and enough cutlery, crockery and glasses for twelve.
- Laundry room with washer/dryer, fridge/freezer, sink and work top.
Outside: There is a courtyard which is accessed from the living area with 'Dutchtub' - logs are provided for the fire that heats the tub up.
Additional information: All bed linen and towels are provided. Two extra fold up beds available (additional £20 charge per bed). Pets are welcome and gardens are fenced to keep (most) dogs in. Wi-Fi internet access and telephone (£5 per week allowed).
Low Season from £736
Mid Season from £853
High Season from £1019
Peak Season £1248
Star Rating: 5 Star Gold
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 7 people in 3 bedrooms (3 Double/Twins (one with additional single bed) + 2 fold up beds)
Owner: Robert Stent, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
East Cottage joined Independent Cottages in April 2013
Owner's Other Properties
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 24th September 2017