Blackdown Cottage - Burwash, Nr Wadhurst & Ticehurst, East Sussex, England - Sleeps 4
Enjoy the peace and total seclusion offered by this charming 5-star holiday cottage which is set amidst thirty acres of lawns, streams, woodland and lakes in the High Weald of Sussex and on the borders of the South Downs National Park.
The completely renovated 19th Century, two bedroom cottage retains many of its original features including open fires and timber-clad walls while offering the highest standards of comfort you’d expect from a top-of-the-range destination.
And once here, there are any number of things to do. Rudyard Kipling’s old home, Batemans, is less than five minutes from here, and open to the public. Thirty-five minutes away is the world-famous Pantiles of Royal Tunbridge Wells where you can eat, drink and shop to your heart’s content. Thirty minutes in the opposite direction is the opera house at Glyndebourne while a sharp turn to the left will take you the site of the Battle of Hastings and the abbey built by William the Conquerer. The list goes on and on.
This is fabulous walking country. The South Downs National Park and The High Weald offer stunning views across some of the most beautiful parts of England and they are right on our doorstep. Several of the great gardens of England are close at hand, including Great Dixter, Pashley Manor and Penshurst Place, all of them less than twenty minutes drive from here. Hever Castle, the childhood home of Anne Boleyn is about forty five minutes away while Leeds Castle, often described as the most beautiful in England is less than an hour down the Maidstone road.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Blackdown Cottage Continued
- The comfortable sitting room is a mixture of the new and the antique with old prints and original water colours on the wall, a flat screen television, DVD player and an original open fireplace.
- The spacious kitchen/diner comes complete with a range of wall and floor units containing all the equipment you are likely to need during your stay. At the other end of the room, a wood-burning stove will put you in a relaxing mood as you sit down for supper at the oak table and chairs. On fine days you may want to open the patio doors and eat outside while watching the rabbits playing havoc with the vegetation.
- The large bathroom has a separate bath and generous sized shower cubicle with endless hot water available on demand. A full range of towels is, of course, supplied for each guest.
- The main bedroom is furnished with a Kingsize bed, deep interior-sprung mattress, pure Egyptian cotton bed-linen and an over-sized goose-down duvet. Naturally there are bedside tables and lights, a wardrobe and a dressing table for your use. Hairdryers come as standard in both bedrooms.
- The second bedroom has two single beds, each supplied with deep Slumberland interior sprung mattresses and covered with pure Egyptian cotton bed-linen and oversized pure goose-down duvets. A bedside table and lamp controlled from switches at the door and the bedside ensure your total convenience while storage for your clothes is provided by a wardrobe and a generous supply of wood hangers.
- The utility room is equipped with a Bosch washing machine and tumble dryer, an ironing board and iron, as well as a Dyson. A range of cleaning equipment and liquids are stored in one of the fitted cupboards.
Additional information: Price includes linen, towels, starter pack of logs and coal (1st October to 1st March), electricity and central heating fuel. No pets.
Low Season from £560
Mid Season from £630
High Season from £760
Peak Season £900
Star Rating: 5 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Twin)
Owner: Blackdown Cottage, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Blackdown Cottage joined Independent Cottages in April 2009
If booking within 10 days of your holiday, it's always worth asking about discounts.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 24th July 2017
Approximate Location of Blackdown Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book