Red Gauntlet - Cockburnspath, Nr Berwickshire, East Lothian, Scotland - Sleeps 10
Red Gauntlet is located at Tower Farm and sleeps ten guests in five bedrooms. It is one of two delightful holiday cottages, available for long or short breaks, which can accommodate large group bookings of up to twenty guests if hired together. The cottages are located near the village of Cockburnspath on the spectacular, east coast of the Scottish Borders, close to East Lothian, the neighbouring county which is famous for its world class golf courses and beautiful clean beaches.
These beautiful cottages provide an ideal place for a relaxing holiday and are also perfect for using as a base to explore the area with the City of Edinburgh being just fifty minutes away by car and Newcastle within one hour. Whether you want to simply sit back and unwind or spend your days exploring the many attractions of the Lothians', the Border towns or Northumberland with its glorious golden beaches, this is an ideal retreat at any time of the year.
The cottages are perfect for small or large groups wanting to get away for a relaxing break or to celebrate a special occasion such as a birthday, anniversary or reunion.
The area offers a wide range of activities to participate in and many interesting places to visit. Whether you enjoy walking, cycling, golf, surfing, fishing, diving, horse riding or prefer to explore the abundance of historic sites, local beauty spots, castles, visitor attractions or stately homes - there is something here for everyone.
- Walking - the area boasts picturesque scenery and offers good walking countryside with an excellent mix of both stunning coastlines and rolling countryside. There are a range of walks to suit all abilities and energy levels with a good selection in the immediate location.
- Golf - this is 'golfers heaven' with the highest concentration of links courses to be found anywhere (some championship hosts) including North Berwick West Links, Dunbar, Gullane, Luffness New, Muirfield, Kilspindie, Longniddry and Craigielaw.
- Edinburgh - Scotland's capital city, makes a wonderful day trip with its great shops; excellent selection of restaurants, cafe's, pubs and bistros; wonderful architecture and busy calendar of cultural events and festivals. It is only a twenty minute train ride from Dunbar railway station (which is just eight miles away) or fifty minutes by car.
- Local beaches - The coastline from Edinburgh to Northumberland is renowned for its stunning beaches and interesting craggy cliffs. The glorious beaches locally (including Coldingham, Whitesands and Pease Bay which is the home to Scotland's first ever surfing club) are renown for being excellent locations for both surfing and diving, as is the coast off St Abbs and Dunbar.
- East Lothian - with an abundance of places to visit including pretty villages and historic towns to explore (such as the bustling harbour town of North Berwick or the pretty seaside village of Aberlady to name just two!), and attractions for all ages such as the Museum of Flight (home of Concorde), Glenkinchie Distillery (a picturesque setting to sample a dram or two!) or Belhaven Brewery for those who prefer their ales.
- Northumberland - A trip to this area would not be complete without visiting Berwick upon Tweed, Holy Island, Lindisfarne and Bamburgh and Alnwick Castle and Gardens.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Red Gauntlet Continued
Red Gauntlet offers spacious accommodation for up to ten guests and provides a real home from home where you can relax with modern day comforts. A perfect place to get together with friends or extended families at any time of the year with heating under foot to keep you warm during the winter months.
- Entrance area and hall.
- Spacious kitchen with everything needed to self cater including built-in double oven and microwave, hob with extractor over, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and island for food prep. There is also a table with seating for up to ten.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer located by the rear door.
- Sitting room which has plenty of space with comfy seating, television, DVD and CD player and French windows that let the beautiful views flood in.
- Ground floor bedroom with double bed.
- Shower room with shower, WC and wash basin.
- Master en-suite bedroom where you can wake up in the mornings to glorious views that stretch as far as the coast.
- Family bathroom which is spacious in size with a separate shower cubicle, bath, wash basin and WC.
- Three further bedrooms (twin/doubles) - one which affords views to the coast.
Outside: There is a garden with patio area for alfresco dining (outdoor furniture and BBQ provided) and lawn area where you can relax with a book during the warmer months (a good place for the little ones to let off steam!). Outdoor equipment (surf boards, bikes etc) can be stored in the garage.
Red Gauntlet prices: 7 nights high season (July & August) £1120; 7 nights mid season (April, May, June, September, October) £1000; 7 nights low season (January, February, March, November, December) £840 and Christmas and New Year are charged at £1500. 3 night weekends and 4 night midweek breaks start from £600 and up to £700.
Additional information: Prices include towels, bed linen, heating and electricity. Short breaks may be available (weekend and mid-week), please enquire with owner. One dog is welcome per house (must be house trained and sleep in the kitchen). There are also dog kennels across the road at Pease Lye. Cots can be provided and child's high chair upon request but must be pre booked. There is plenty of parking available for both properties. Red Gauntlet is graded 4 star by VisitScotland.
Low Season from £800
Mid Season from £1000
High Season from £1200
Peak Season £1200
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms (Doubles and Twins)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Tracy Drysdale, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Red Gauntlet joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2009
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 16th August 2017