Bullen's Bank Cottage - Hay-on-Wye, Herefordshire, Powys, The Brecon Beacons, Wales - Sleeps 6+2
Bullen's Bank Cottage is located on the Herefordshire/Wales borders, in an elevated position 1000 ft high on a hillside, offering the most incredible panoramic views over the beautiful Wye Valley and beyond for some 70 miles!
The cottage sits approximately three hundred yards along a country track (which is steep and shared with Llangain Farmhouse) in an isolated position amongst farmland - the perfect place to escape the pressures of every day life! For larger groups, both Bullen's Bank Cottage and Llangain Farmhouse may be rented simultaneously - please enquire with the owner.
Bullen Bank Cottages dates back some two hundred years and was restored and refurbished in the 1980s. Surrounded by the garden with a ha-ha wall that has a six foot drop on one side, the cottage affords uninterrupted stunning views.
Local activities: The surrounding area offers excellent walking opportunities with the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons National Park providing endless routes and tracks to explore. The world famous book town of Hay-on-Wye is just three miles away and offers a good choice of places to eat. The River Wye provides great kayaking and swimming and there are several places offering pony trekking close to Hay and through the Llanthony Valley. For those who enjoy water sports, Llangorse Lake offers boating, sailing and windsurfing and for the adventurous, try the Black Mountains Gliding Club near Talgarth, the Shobden Airfield for microlights or parascending on Hay Bluff.
Should you prefer not to drive up the steep track to Bullen's Bank Cottage, you can park off the road at the bottom of the track.
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Bullen's Bank Cottage Continued
- Sitting room with wood burner (plus storage heating), television, DVD player, sofa, two armchairs and dining table with chairs.
- Second sitting room which also has a wood burner, storage heater, sofa-bed for additional sleeping, Hi-Fi, dining table/chairs and amazing views from its many windows.
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Bathroom with bath, shower, wash basin and WC.
- Three small bedrooms - two twin bedrooms, each with two single beds and one double room - all with fitted carpets.
Outside: The garden has plenty of space and facilities for guests to relax including garden furniture, picnic tables, reclining chairs and BBQ.
- Heating is provided by storage heaters and also two wood-burning stoves.
- Electricity and logs for the burners are included in the rental.
- Bed linen is provided.
- Pets are welcome.
- Cot available.
- Short breaks available (low season is charged at £290 and mid season at £390 with reductions for two adults at some times of year - please enquire with the owner.
Bullen’s Bank cottage and the owners other property Llangain Farmhouse (see separate advert) are good for both small and large parties. A discount at certain times of the year may be available for small parties.
Low Season from £390
Mid Season from £530
Peak Season £620
Star Rating: 3 Star
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 6+2 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Twins, 1 Double, sofa bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Ann Gladstone, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Bullen's Bank Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Aug 2006
Owner's Other Properties
This is an ideal hideway for two or more people where the views are quite fantastic! We are very flexible about dates. Three night breaks start from £290.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th May 2017
Approximate Location of Bullen's Bank Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book