Hillside Croft - Ashbourne, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 10+4
Hillside Croft sleeps up to fourteen guests and is an exceptional mellow sandstone self catering holiday cottage which nestles quietly amidst six acres of beautifully landscaped gardens and pastureland. This luxurious holiday cottage is located in the Derbyshire Dales on the edge of the Peak District National Park and is just over one mile from Carsington Water Sports and visitor centre. Its central location makes it ideal for enjoying all that Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Nottinghamshire have to offer.
This delightful holiday cottage dates back as far as 1709 and it is listed of Grade II historic interest. Pretty leaded lights set in stone mullioned windows, revealed stone and timbered walls, ancient oak beams throughout and cosy log fires set under inglenook fireplaces add to the charm of this beautiful five star character cottage.
It is situated in a lovely tranquil position where in the mornings you will be greeted by pheasants, rabbits, squirrels, ducks and a host of wild birds awaiting breakfast - the countryside is on your very doorstep just waiting to be explored!
Derbyshire has something to offer everyone, whatever the season or climate and guests are welcome at Hillside Croft all year around for either a long or short break. Why not visit the incredible selection of historic and National Trust properties in the area, such as wonderful Chatsworth House or simply take in the magnificent and varied scenery either on foot, bike or horse back. You will also be able to enjoy golfing, boating, climbing, canoeing, fishing and for those who want excitement, the thrill of theme parks such as Alton Towers. Alternatively simply relax in luxurious and beautiful surroundings whilst enjoying good food with friends or family.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
Hillside Croft Continued
Accommodation and facilities comprise:
- Five comfortable bedrooms, four of which are double and one twin giving sleeping capacity for ten guests. Within these rooms are two further single beds and two Z-beds the latter of which can be moved around the rooms to accommodate guests giving total sleeping for fourteen. Two cots are also provided and can be moved around to suit. All bedrooms are furnished to a high standard with hand made antique pine furniture and co-ordinated furnishings. There are quality fitted carpets throughout the cottage giving warmth and luxury. The Master bedroom is ensuite, with power shower, WC and wash basin. All rooms are airy and spacious with many attractive features and all overlook the beautiful gardens. Two of the bedrooms are on the first floor a further three are on the second floor. The stairs between floors are very shallow making them easily climbed by both children and the elderly. There are five or six shallow steps between landings with seats between each floor. Access to bedroom five is via bedroom four.
- A master bathroom located on the first floor has a large Victorian style roll topped bath with bath shower mixer. There is a separate walk in power shower, WC, bidet and washbasin. Shaving sockets are provided in both bathrooms. A baby bath, potty and WC stand for children are provided.
- Cottage lounge which is separate to the dining room and both have magnificent oak beamed ceilings and warm log burning stoves. In the lounge are three comfortable sofa's for cosy evenings in with friends and family, a TV with teletext, video recorder and DVD player are provided for your entertainment. A selection of videos are available on request.
- Beautiful dining room with large farmhouse table which seats ten to twelve guests with ease. There is also a large chicken coop dresser, church pew and log burner which is set under the heavy beam of an impressive inglenook fireplace. A high chair is provided.
- Downstairs is a third washroom with WC and washbasin.
- In the rear entrance hall is a payphone provided for your convenience, internet access is available by arrangement at an additional charge.
- Farmhouse kitchen which is a delight with underfloor heating ideal for drying those walking boots. There are antique hand made pine kitchen units with a double French pottery sink set in tiled and marble worktops. The windows overlook the beautiful cottage gardens where mint, lemon balm, chives, blackcurrants and fruit trees have been planted for your use. An automatic washer, tumble drier, dishwasher, fridge and fridge freezer, microwave and full electric halogen cooker with double oven are provided.
- Sheltered patio area with hardwood table and chairs, umbrella, BBQ and chimera is at the rear of the cottage, bordering lawns and a colourful rockery border.
- Three unspoilt fields totaling six acres surrounding this exceptional Derbyshire self catering holiday cottage, one of which is planted with fruit trees the others grazed by ponies. These may be walked in with care.
- The drive entrance to Hillside Croft is gated and private giving safety for children and security for your vehicles. There is plenty of safe off road parking for many cars along with cycle storage.
- Landscaped gardens containing two fish filled ponds, with frogs, toads and other wildlife. The pond is covered by lilies and colourful marginal plants and local wild ducks, moorhens and young are now in permanent residence. The ponds are securely fenced for the safety of children.
Additional information: Child minding is available along with meals on arrival and also food deliveries. All electricity, heating, linen and towels are included within the price. Initial logs are provided between the months of November and March. Further logs can be provided at cost within these dates. There is Wi-Fi internet access in all rooms.
Low Season from £1680
Mid Season from £1735
High Season from £2050
Peak Season £2205
Star Rating: 5 Star
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10+4 people in 5 bedrooms (4 Doubles, 6 Single beds)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Pat Walker click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Hillside Croft joined Independent Cottages in July 2008
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar