Hillside Croft - Ashbourne, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 10+4
Hillside Croft sleeps up to fourteen guests and is a fantastic large luxury holiday cottage which nestles quietly amidst six acres of grounds with beautiful gardens as well as pasture land (plus a hot tub for the ultimate in relaxation!). This holiday cottage sits on the outskirts of the Peak District National Park just over a mile from Carsington Water - a large reservoir offering excellent water sports and visitors centre.
Nestling within the Derbyshire Dales, this central location makes it ideal for enjoying the many attractions of not only Derbyshire but also Staffordshire and Nottinghamshire - perfect for large groups of friend, families, celebrations and hen parties.
This delightful holiday cottage dates back as far as 1709 and it is listed of Grade II historic interest. Full of character, stone mullion windows with leaded lights, old oak beams, stone walls with timbers and inglenook's for cosy log fires all add to the beauty and charm of this five star retreat.
It is situated in a lovely tranquil position where you will see pheasants wandering through the grounds, along with rabbits, squirrels and plenty of wild birds - the countryside is on your very doorstep just waiting to be explored!
Derbyshire is a county that offers something for everyone, whatever the weather and guests are welcome to enjoy a break or longer holiday at Hillside Croft at any time of the year. The area offers plenty of interesting places to visit for great days out. Why not visit the impressive choice of historic and National Trust houses and gardens in the area, such as popular Chatsworth House or simply take in the spectacular and varied scenery on foot, bike or by horse back. You will also be able to enjoy golf, climbing, kayaking and fishing or for the younger ones seeking excitement, the thrill of theme parks such as Alton Towers. Alternatively simply sit back and relax in luxurious and beautiful surroundings whilst enjoying good food and company with friends or family.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
Hillside Croft Continued
Accommodation and facilities comprise:
- Five comfy spacious bedrooms overlooking the pretty garden. Four bedrooms have double beds and one has two singles accommodating ten guests. There are also an additional four single beds and two single sofa bed chairs (sleeping up to sixteen by arrangement only). Two cots are also provided and can be moved around to suit. All five bedrooms have antique pine furnishings and are presented to a high standard with fitted carpets.
- Master bedroom with an en-suite shower room with WC and hand basin. Two bedrooms are located on the first floor and the other three on the second floor. There are shallow stairs between each floor which are easy to climb (there is a chair on each landing for those who need a rest on the way up!). Please note that bedroom five is accessed off the fourth bedroom.
- Family bathroom on the first floor with big Victorian type roll top bath, separate walk-in shower, hand basin and WC.
- Cottage style lounge which is separate to the dining room (both have splendid oak beams on the ceiling and cosy log burners) with three comfy sofa's, television DVD player and CD player.
- Lovely beamed dining room with farmhouse style table which can seat twelve to fourteen guests in comfort. There is also a large dresser, iPod docking, church pew and another log burner set within the inglenook fireplace making a lovely feature and cosy place to catch up over supper at the end of the day (two high chairs provided).
- Ground floor cloakroom with WC and hand basin (the third wash room!).
- Entrance hall with payphone (Wi-Fi available throughout, but no streaming please).
- Lovely farmhouse style kitchen heated underfoot (great for drying boots!) with hand made antique pine units, marble worktops, dishwasher, washer/drier, fridge, additional fridge/freezer, electric cooker (including double oven), halogen hob and microwave. Windows provide lovely views over the pretty cottage gardens where fruit trees, blackcurrants and herbs have been planted for guest use.
- Patio at the back of the cottage which is sheltered and offers garden furniture to relax, sun umbrella, barbecue, chimera, lawns, borders and a hot tub - the perfect place to bubble your aches away after a long walk.
- Three fields (approximately six acres) surrounding the cottage with ponies grazing in two and the other having fruit trees.
- The entrance drive to the cottage has gates and there is plenty of off-road parking.
- Within the landscaped gardens are two fish ponds (securely fenced) which are smothered in pretty lilies at certain times of the year and are a haven for wildlife including frogs, toads and moorhens.
Additional information: Meals and pampering can be arranged. All electricity, heating, linen and towels are included within the price. Initial logs are provided between the months of November and March. Further logs can be provided at cost within these dates. There is Wi-Fi internet access in all rooms.
Low Season from £1750
Mid Season from £1900
High Season from £2100
Peak Season £2250
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10+4 people in 5 bedrooms (4 Doubles, 1 Twin + 4 additional single beds)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Pat Walker, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Hillside Croft joined Independent Cottages in July 2008
Owner's Other Properties
Delicious meals and pampering available, large gardens with hot tub. Central location for many activities and attractions.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 14th October 2016