Sticky End - Cottesmore, Oakham, Stamford, Rutland, England - Sleeps 4
Sticky End is a Grade II listed Stamford stone cottage in the centre of Cottesmore which has many original features including exposed beams, an open Clipsham stone fire place and a thatched roof. The cottage comfortably sleeps four people in two double bedrooms and is a quaint and cosy retreat with lots of traditional charm. Also, in the heart of this bustling village, you will find the 17th Century pub, the Sun Inn, a fish & chip shop, general store and post office. Sticky End is one of twenty seven listed buildings in Cottesmore each contributing to the charming traditional village atmosphere.
Rutland is one of England's best-kept secrets. This tiny county (only eighteen miles at its widest point) is just as lovely as the Cotswolds yet does not attract the same volume of tourists which means you can enjoy its beauty, peace and tranquillity without jostling with the crowds! The county motto ‘Multum in Parvo’, which translates as Much in Little, really does ring true.
Rutland Water is one of the largest artificial lakes in Europe, 25 miles in perimeter and a site of special scientific interest. It offers superb bird spotting and has many excellent walking and cycling paths, as well as the option of sailing, kayaking, windsurfing and canoeing.
Staying at Sticky End is a good base for the market town of Oakham with its pretty shops and castle, and Uppingham with excellent galleries, antique shops and boutiques. Days out can include Barnsdale Gardens, Rutland County Museum, Lyddington Bede House, Burghley House and Belvoir Castle. Lincoln, Leicester and Cambridge are fascinating historic cities within an hour’s drive. You should also visit nearby historic Stamford. With six hundred wonderfully preserved listed buildings, it is Britain's first urban conservation area, having a good variety of shops, pubs and cafes, and a busy Friday market.
You may never have visited Rutland, or even heard of England’s smallest county, but it has everything you could possibly want from a holiday in the English countryside.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Sticky End Continued
The cottage has been carefully restored to provide comfortable accommodation without losing original features like exposed beams and a quirky layout.
- Enter through a thatched porch to discover a welcoming sitting room complete with an inglenook fireplace and exposed oak beams. Comfortable seating make it the perfect spot to relax and chat after dinner in front of the log fire. There is a television with DVD player.
- A book-lined library is a peaceful place to read or write
- The country kitchen makes the most of the space. It is well equipped with an electric oven and gas hob, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and cooking equipment. The dining area has a pine table and seating or four.
- A welcome tray is a lovely touch from the owners.
- The large utility room contains a washing machine.
- The family bathroom features a bath with electric shower overhead and hand basin.
- The master bedroom is tastefully decorated with a Victorian double bed made with good quality linen, bedside tables with reading lights, and storage for clothing. There is an en suite hand basin and WC.
- The second bedroom features a small Victorian double bed and bedside tables with lamps. The window has a deep sill that highlights the thick walls, and lovely views of the front garden.
Outside: There is a pretty cobbled garden to the front of the cottage and a charming enclosed courtyard garden complete with fountain and garden furniture at the rear. A small private garage provides secure off-road parking and storage for bicycles and fishing equipment.
Additional Information: All utilities, including a starter basket of logs, towels and linen are included in the price. The property is not suitable for children under 10 years old. Sticky End has gas central heating and WiFi. No smoking. No pets. Short breaks are available depending on availability. Payment for bookings can be made by cheque, bank transfer, Paypal (surcharge applies) and credit card (surcharge applies).
Low Season from £520
Mid Season from £590
High Season from £620
Peak Season £770
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (2 Doubles)
Owner: Martin & Julia Copeman, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Sticky End joined Independent Cottages in June 2017
Owner's Other Properties
* Prices based on 2 guests. Additional guests by prior arrangement are charged @ £5.00 per person/night. * Short Breaks (min 3 nights)on request. * Sister Cottages: Little Thatch & Autumn Cottage
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 4th August 2017
Approximate Location of Sticky End
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book