Weiroch Lodge - Ballindalloch, Moray, Scotland - Sleeps 6-8
Weiroch Lodge sleeps up to eight guests in three en-suite bedrooms. It is an impressive Five Star Scottish retreat nestling amongst spectacular Speyside scenery, surrounded by heather clad hills rising up from the River Spey in picturesque Morayshire. Perfect for those with a passion for walking, fishing and field sports, as well as families (with older children), friends and even couples who want to celebrate a special occasion, Weiroch Lodge offers the opportunity of peace and tranquility amongst an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Full of Scottish charm, the lodge is beautifully presented throughout and finished with a high level of care and attention, complimented by wonderful tartans, tweeds and stunning views from the windows. It has all the character of a shooting lodge, yet the charm and cosy ambience of a welcoming cottage that makes you immediately feel relaxed with its fabulous dining-kitchen and magnificent drawing room with vaulted ceiling and log burner.
Whether you are looking to simply escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, want a walking holiday, sporting break or plan to explore the Scottish Highlands and the Moray Coast, Weiroch Lodge is a perfect choice. The nearby Cairngorms National Park offers excellent opportunities for hillwalking, mountain biking, guided wildlife tours, canoeing and winter sports at The Lecht and Aviemore Ski Centre.
The surrounding area includes many golf courses (with the closest being a few minutes away in Ballindalloch), an abundance of magnificent castles to visit (Ballindalloch is the closest) as well as the beautiful quiet beaches, pretty fishing villages and incredible marine life of the Moray Firth. If all that is too energetic, spend your days following the Malt Whisky Trail with some of the world's finest distilleries close to Weiroch Lodge.
For those who enjoy city life, Aberdeen and Inverness are only an hour away, or put the fun back into shopping with a trip to the local market towns of Dufftown (the Whisky Capital), Huntley with its castle ruins, Aberlour (home to fine whisky and Walkers shortbread!), Elgin with its cathedral ruins and Grantown on Spey. The choices are endless for those who can tear themselves away from the tranquillity and beauty of Weiroch Lodge.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Weiroch Lodge Continued
- Entrance into porch which acts as a useful utility area with washing machine, tumble dryer and plenty of space to dry outdoor clothing and boots.
- Large kitchen with dining area at the very heart of the house, providing an incredibly social space for cooking and eating. Equipped to a very high standard and cleverly designed for the most adventurous of cooks, facilities include an eye level oven, Gas hob with five burners (and extractor over), large fridge, additional freezer, dishwasher and microwave. There is also a large dining table providing a relaxed dining place for up to eight guests with expansive windows letting the stunning Spey Valley flood in. A door takes you outside for alfresco dining during the warmer months.
- Splendid sitting room providing the perfect place to retire at the end of the day in front of the fire with your favourite tipple. Comfy seating is set around the fireplace with log burner for cosy nights in. There is a flat screen Freesat television (plus DVD player) and a large bay window to one end with window seats allowing you to sit and soak up those magnificent views.
- Flexible en-suite bedroom which can be arranged as a twin or super-king by prior arrangement. The en-suite has a bath for a long soak at the end of the day, WC and wash basin.
- Cloak room with WC and wash basin.
- Twin bedded room that can be made up as a super-king or twin with en-suite shower room and arm chairs where you can sit and enjoy your morning tea.
- King-size bedroom with plenty of space to accommodate an additional fold-up bed if required. This room also has an en-suite shower room (compact yet with everything needed), and simply stunning views when you open your blinds in the morning (you will often see deer visiting the woods behind the property).
Outside: At the back of the Lodge and accessible via the kitchen is a large enclosed garden area which provides a nice sunny place for alfresco dining (outdoor furniture provided) and relaxing in the warmer months. A pleasant stroll takes you to the River Spey, and there are more challenging rewarding walks through miles of forest tracks adjacent to the property as well as easy access from the Lodge to the Speyside Way long distance walk.
Additional information: The owners live just one hundred yards away and are available to provide as much or as little assistance to ensure your holiday is enjoyable and memorable. Prices include central heating, electricity, gas, logs for the fire, bed linen and towels. Children over twelve welcome and under twelve by arrangement prior to booking. Up to two dogs are welcome by prior arrangement to booking providing they are well-behaved. For pubs and shops, the nearest town is Aberlour (four miles away) but there is a small shop just two miles away for emergency provisions. An under occupancy discount is available for smaller parties of four or less. Short breaks available - please enquire with the owner. Free WiFi internet access.
Low Season from £825
Mid Season from £945
High Season from £1075
Peak Season £1350
Star Rating: 5 Star
Pets: Enquire with owner
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Sunday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6-8 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Super-king, 1 King, 1 Twin & 2 Quality Sofa beds)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Keith Brown, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Weiroch Lodge joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 16th August 2017