Northolme Hall - Wainfleet All Saints, Skegness, Lincolnshire, England - Sleeps 21
Northolme Hall is perfect for large celebrations with family and friends. Imagine a lazy summer holiday in this magnificent Georgian home which sleeps up to twenty one guests in eleven bedrooms. You can enjoy relaxed outdoor dining, swimming in the indoor pool and fun tennis tournaments. Winter evenings can be spent lingering over family meals or relaxing in front of the real fire while the kids are busy in the cinema room. There is enough space for everyone to enjoy being together without getting in each other’s way, and it is all within convenient reach of beaches such as Skegness, Cleethorpes, Anderby Creek and Mablethorpe.
The property is on the edge of Wainfleet All Saints, a pretty village with a good range of amenities. Within a ten-minute walk from the house, you can reach the train station, supermarket, butcher, greengrocer and newsagent. There is a popular market on Friday morning and some independent shops cafes and pubs, including the excellent Three Tuns beside the river on Culvert Road. You can go fishing on the Wainfleet, play a round at the Elms Golf Centre, or meet the horses on a hack at Willow Farm.
In addition to the lovely countryside, Lincolnshire has some stunning beaches. Skegness and Cleethorpes have been attracting holidaymakers for generations and are very family friendly with Skegness being a popular attraction at any time of year for its traditional seaside attractions. Huttoft is perfect for blustery days where you can sit and watch the waves from the warmth of your car while eating delicious local fish and chips. Mablethorpe has Blue Flag status and Sutton-on-Sea has a paddling pool and play area, making both good for families with young children; but if it’s space you want, then you should certainly go to the dunes at Saltfleetby Theddlethorpe.
A day out in Lincolnshire could feature a visit to Lincoln city with its magnificent cathedral and castle, a trip to the Museum of Lincolnshire Life or the Aviation Heritage Centre, seal spotting at Skegness, or strolling around the grounds of stately homes like Burghley House, Doddington Hall, or Belton House. You can walk along the coast, ride along one of Lincolnshire’s well-planned cycle routes, or see the tigers at Lincolnshire Wildlife Park.
Of course, with Northolme Hall being as comfortable as it is, we wouldn’t blame you if you wanted to do nothing more energetic than make your favourite drink and sit in the well-tended gardens and enjoy the peace. This fantastic property has the location and space for you and your friends/family to have precisely the holiday you all desire.
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Open Fire
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Stables/Livery Onsite
- Accessible via Public Transport
Northolme Hall Continued
Accommodation is spread across two buildings: The Hall and a self-contained cottage next door.
- Eleven bedrooms sleeping up to twenty one guests. Eight of these bedrooms are in the main house and three in the self-contained cottage next door. Two rooms have king sized beds while the rest are a mix of doubles and twins, with one triple bunk room. The master bedroom has an elegantly carved four poster bed and is always a favourite with guests.
- All bedrooms are furnished to suit the property's history while keeping the guests' comfort in mind. There is ample storage, good lighting, and luxurious cotton bed linen.
- The Hall has three shower rooms and one bathroom. The shower rooms have walk in showers while the bathroom has a shower over the bath. The bathroom and large shower room also have a WC.
- The Hall has four separate cloakrooms, each with hand basin and WC.
- One bedroom can also be used as a cinema room.
- The formal dining room has three large tables which seat twenty two people and a piano for some traditional entertainment.
- The drawing room is light and spacious with comfortable seating, chandelier adding a touch of elegance and French doors leading to the garden.
- A cosy family room features one of the Hall's working fireplaces, comfortable couches, a flat screen television with DVD player, and a table for playing board games or doing jigsaw puzzles.
- The large kitchen features a range cooker with two ovens and a six-burner stove. It is well equipped with a dishwasher, cooking equipment and utensils, and plenty of storage and bench space to make preparing meals a pleasure.
- A laundry room with washer and dryer is on the middle floor.
- The indoor pool is accessible from the lobby and has doors on each side leading to the gardens.
The Cottage: Accommodation is over two levels and is only a few steps from The Hall.
- On the ground floor is a well-appointed kitchen, separate dining and sitting rooms with fireplace, and a utility room.
- Upstairs are two double bedrooms and one single room, plus a family bathroom with bath, hand basin and WC.
Outside: Northolme Hall sits in eleven acres of private glorious grounds.
- Three acres of mature landscaped gardens include a rose garden, arbour, water feature, a hidden gazebo, and flat well-tended lawns.
- The children's play park has climbing equipment and there is also a Victorian mansion playhouse for their enjoyment.
- The tennis-court has an all-weather coating.
- A further eight acres of fenced paddocks including a ménage.
- The property is securely gated. There is a garage and private off street parking for several cars.
- There is a paved area with a barbeque and outdoor seating perfect for alfresco meals.
Additional Information: WiFi is available throughout The Hall and The Cottage. All linen, towels and utilities are included in the price. Short breaks are available depending on availability. No smoking. Well behaved pets are allowed by prior arrangement with the owner (please speak to the owner regarding pet rules). A high chair and cot are available on request.
Low Season from £4452
Mid Season from £4452
High Season from £4452
Peak Season £5900
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 21 people in 11 bedrooms (2 Kings, Doubles, Twins & a Family Room)
Group booking details:
All male groups: No
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Liz Brown, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Northolme Hall joined Independent Cottages in May 2017