Cam-Allt Na Mara - Lochcarron, Highland, Scotland - Sleeps 11 +
Cam-Allt Na Mara sleeps up to eleven guests in four bedrooms and sits in an enviable position on Scotland's West Coast, on the edge of Loch Carron. With spectacular views over Loch Carron and the mountains beyond, Cam-Allt Na Mara provides an ideal retreat for groups of friends with a keen interest in outdoor pursuits or families wanting to holiday together and explore this beautiful part of the Highlands.
The scenic Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh railway line runs past the front of the house. Made famous by Michael Palin and the “Great Railway Journeys”, this single track line only has three or four trains each day - if you see the train, make sure you give the driver, Donald a wave!
Lochcarron is a superb holiday destination for those who enjoy outdoor activities and want to explore this beautiful natural area by bike, car, foot or even kayak (three kayaks are provided for guests use). The area offers excellent cycling routes including off-road routes for mountain bikers and superb hill walking with a great mix of short coastal and inland walks, plus longer hikes including 9 Munros and 8 Corbetts - all accessible within ten miles of the house. Fishing is also available from the river in front of Cam-Allt Na Mara (permit required and can be purchased in Lochcarron) and there are plenty of opportunities for those who enjoy climbing, pony-trekking and sailing.
The village of Lochcarron is across the loch and a five mile drive (just two miles by Kayak!) from the house offering a great range of amenities including a petrol station, restaurants, shops for stocking up on provisions and a cafe. There is also a restaurant within a five minute walk of Cam-Allt Na Mara, along with a pottery.
A trip on the Kyle Line is a great day out. One of the most scenic train rides in the world, the line runs close to the loch shore, providing the opportunity of seeing seals, otters and herons if you're lucky. Take a trip to Duncraig (make sure you let the driver know as it is a 'requested' stop) and then walk to Plockton for lunch, then take a train back to Strathcarron afterwards. Plockton is a picturesque village with great restaurants and coral beaches fringed with palm trees. From here you can take a boat trip and do some seal spotting.
Attadale Gardens is another popular local attraction (which hosts the Lochcarron Highland Games each year) with its intriguing gardens, sculptures and DIY tearoom. A drive to Applecross over the Bealach Na Ba (nervous drivers beware!) is an adventure in itself. Once in Applecross you are rewarded with wonderful beaches and superb eating places. Other popular attractions include iconic Eilean Donan Castle and Glen Elg with its ancient stone Broch's and ferry to the Isle of Skye.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Cam-Allt Na Mara Continued
- Spacious kitchen/diner well equipped with dishwasher, oven (electric), ceramic hob, fridge, freezer, slow cooker, bread maker and bench table/seating where you can sit and admire the view over Loch Carron and beyond to the peak of Ben Damph (on a clear day) from the large windows - the perfect place for breakfast!
- Dining room with large oak table and seating for eight guests.
- Lounge with wood burning stove (initial supply of logs provided), satellite television and DVD player.
- Garden room with rattan furniture to relax in whilst looking out over the incredible scenery. Doors lead out to the decking area with outside seating.
- Snug with wood burning stove, sofa bed (sleeping an additional two if required) Bluetooth speakers, games and plenty of books - a nice place to take yourself off for a quiet moment or for the little ones to play.
- Shower room with hand basin, WC and shaving point.
- Bedroom one - king-size bedroom with wonderful views over the mountains beyond - if you are lucky you may be able to catch a glimpse of the otters on the foreshore.
- Bedroom two with double bed.
- Shower room for shared use of bedrooms one and two with walk in shower, hand basin, WC and heated towel rail (there is also a shaver point).
- Bedroom three is a family room with double bed and bunk beds sleeping four.
- Bedroom four can also be used as a family room with King-size bed and single bed sleeping three.
- Bathroom for the shared use of bedrooms three and four with shower over bath, WC, hand basin and heated towel rail (also a shaver point0.
Outside: The cottage sits in large grounds with plenty of parking and space for the little ones to let off steam. The decking area provides lovely views over Loch Carron. There is a large garage with storage for two single sea kayaks and one double sit-on-top with removable seats which guests are welcome to use at their own risk. Additionally the garage has a drying room for wetsuits and outdoor gear, tumble dryer and table tennis table (bats and balls are provided). Bikes and motor bikes can also be stored in the garage.
Additional information: Wi-Fi internet connection. All bedrooms have bedding, towels and hairdryers provided. Well behaved dogs welcome by arrangement. A supply of logs are provided. No smoking inside the cottage. Cot and high chair available by arrangement. Changeover day is normally Friday but alternative days may be available by arrangement. Short breaks available - please enquire with the owner.
Low Season from £950
High Season from £1150
Peak Season £1250
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 11 + people in 4 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double, 1 Family with double/bunks, 1 King with extra single)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Alison Drummer, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Cam-Allt Na Mara joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2014
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st September 2017