The Black Barn - Chesham, Nr Berkhamsted, Buckinghamshire, England - Sleeps 2+1
The Black Barn offers contemporary dog friendly holiday accommodation for up to three guests and is centrally located between Berkhamsted, Chesham and Tring and easily accessible from major motorways and also London.
Berkhamsted is a vibrant historic market town in a valley setting within the Chiltern Hills offering a great choice of excellent restaurants, pubs, boutiques to browse, delis, a 1930's cinema and various markets, including a weekly Saturday market and specialist markets throughout the month. Steeped in history, dating back as far as Saxon times, this attractive village is encapsulated by fields and countryside dotted with plenty of attractions. The Grand Union Canal is close by, as are the five thousand acres of woods, downlands and commons of Ashridge Estate (National Trust).
Conveniently placed, Berkhamsted is within easy reach of London with West Coast line trains running from Berkhamsted station to London Euston three times an hour with the journey taking just over half an hour. The M25 and M1 are only fifteen minutes by car and Luton and Heathrow airport are approximately one hour away.
Chesham lies in a steep sided valley twenty eight miles northwest of London and is a bustling market town with a high street that offers both national retailers and also interesting specialist independent shops. Amenities are excellent in Chesham with the Elgiva Theater, Lowndes Park with thirty six acres of space to enjoy and an open-air heated swimming pool at The Moor Gym and Swim.
Tring is another one of Hertfordshire's small interesting market towns which sits on the outskirts of the Chilterns on the northern edge. Great for those who enjoy walking and horse riding, there is easy access on to The Ridgeway National Trail. The Black Barn is also ideal for those who enjoy cycling, having direct access onto a very popular and beautiful national cycle route, along with having good storage facilities for bikes.
Surrounded by the Chilterns AONB, Chesham provides an ideal base from which to explore the beautiful countryside of the Chilterns and is a good starting point for numerous fantastic walks. Close by is Chesham Vale with an excellent pub called The Black Horse and a little further on along the same road is Cholesbury Common with another wonderful pub called The Full Moon.
Whether you are looking for a country break away from the hustle and bustle of London, or seeking a central base from which to explore this wonderful part of England (including possibly day trips to London), The Black Barn is an ideal retreat at any time of the year.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
The Black Barn Continued
This delightful spacious timber barn dates back one hundred years and offers a stylish contemporary interior incorporating the original wooden ceiling.
- Spacious open plan lounge/dining area with two comfy sofas (each seating two) positioned to take full advantage of the views from the patio doors, thirty two inch flat screen television, desk (internet access available) with chair for those who need to keep in touch with the outside world, dining table/chairs and glass doors leading out to the patio with table and chairs for alfresco dining.
- Open plan stylish modern kitchen with built-in fridge/freezer, ceramic hob with extractor above and cooker.
- Additional living area - this flexible area is used as an entrance hall when the barn is rented for two guests and can be separated, when rented for three guests, to become an additional sleeping area with single bed, wardrobe, bedside table and its own toilet facilities.
- Utility room off the entrance hall which has a washing machine and sink within it, along with a separate toilet and hand basin.
- Modern bathroom which is fully tiled and equipped with a heated towel rail, sink above a vanity unit, WC, bath and mirrored cabinet.
- Bedroom with two single beds and ample wardrobe/drawer/shelf space for hanging and storing clothes. An additional single guest bed can be provided if required by arrangement.
- Parking available outside of the barn.
Additional information: There is a patio area for alfresco eating. Dogs welcome (two max) by arrangement. Short breaks are available at weekends (Friday to Monday), please contact the owners for prices and availability. Linen, towels and electricity are included within the price. The spacious hall area (when rented for two guests) is dog friendly and has a rear door that takes you straight outside. Short breaks available - minimum three nights only - rates on request.
Low Season from £375
Mid Season from £450
High Season from £475
Peak Season £500
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2+1 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Twin + extra guest bed - single supplement charge)
Owner: Philip & Valerie, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Black Barn joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2008
Owner's Other Properties
Single guest bed available if required. Single supplement charge. Dogs
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st July 2017
Approximate Location of The Black Barn
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book