Waterside Cottage - Linslade, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, England - Sleeps 11
Waterside Cottage dates back over one hundred and fifty years and is a charming detached holiday cottage in an elevated position alongside the Grand Union Canal. It provides the perfect place to spend a relaxing and fun holiday where guests can simply sit and watch the boats go by or partake in outdoor activities including fishing and canoeing.
The cottage sits in a boatyard (working with lots to see), on the edge of the Chiltern Hills, close to the market town of Leighton Buzzard. Perfect for water lovers and large groups of friends or family, you will never be bored with plenty of boats to watch and pubs to walk to (just twenty minutes) for long leisurely lunches. There are also shops within walking distance and a leisure centre (twenty five minutes).
Within the local area there are many country houses to visit and places of historic interest. The canal side location also allows guests to hire local day boats and explore the canal and its many delights.
For those wanting to explore the area, Milton Keynes and Whipsnade Zoo (sure to be a holiday highlight for the little one!) are just eight miles away. A little closer to home is Woburn Abbey with its impressive Safari Park, Chiltern Hills, Ridgeway walk and Tring Reservoirs (all under six miles). Alternatively, venture further afield and visit Stoke Bruerne and the Waterways museum, Aylesbury, Hemel Hempstead or Bedford (twenty miles).
You are able to launch your own canoes/dinghy by the cottage and fishing on the canal is also available (national rod license required/local day ticket is £3).
Please click through to the owner's website for up to date availability and prices.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Waterside Cottage Continued
Facilities and accommodation include:-
- Beamed lounge, French doors to conservatory, television, DVD player and lovely wood burner - ideal for relaxing in front of on those more chilly nights.
- Conservatory and terrace.
- Well-equipped, farmhouse kitchen with gas cooker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher.
- Six bedrooms - One king-size 5ft double with en-suite, one 4ft 6 double, two twins and attic stairs to one single and one twin room - popular with teenagers (this room has sloping ceilings).
- Attic lounge which is small where three people can sit and watch television (DVD player provided) or escape for some peace and quiet!
- Dining Room.
- Bathrooms: Downstairs, one en-suite with WC, bidet, two basins, shower, washer and dryer; one with WC, wash basin, bath with shower over, and a third bathroom with shower, WC and wash basin.
- The grounds to the boatyard are extensive and there is a private back garden which is small but has a BBQ and picnic bench for sitting out. There is also a front terrace with outdoor furniture.
Additional information: Duvets, bed linen and one towel per bathroom provided. Cot supplied. Wireless internet access available at no extra charge. There is parking for four cars outside the cottage and a car park for additional vehicles. Central heating and electricity are inclusive in the rental. Logs can be purchased at £8 per basket. There is access to canal front (care must be taken with children). Short breaks offered all year round (apart from bank holidays). Prices shown are based on 1-5 guests sharing the cottage - full prices can be seen on the owners own website. The cottage is rated 4 star for up to eight guests and 3 star for nine to eleven guests. For those wanting to bring their own kayak or dinghy to explore the canal, a license is required (members of the British Canoe Union do not require this). Buoyancy aids provided.
Changeover day is normally a Monday and Friday.
Low Season from £545
Mid Season from £815
High Season from £1190
Peak Season £1190
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Mon/Fri
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 11 people in 6 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double, 3 Twins & 1 Single)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: James Griffin, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Waterside Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2009
Waterside cottage has three price bands. 1 to 5 guests, 6 to 8 guests and 9 to 11 guests. For prices and further details please see owners website.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 15th June 2017