Garden Cottage - Bletsoe, Bedford, Bedfordshire, England - Sleeps 2-3
Bourne End Farm is a four hundred and twenty acre farm located amongst the gentle rolling countryside of Bedfordshire, with the advantage of having easy access to the A6 and Bedford town (just six miles).
Here you can relax in the garden or stroll on the many tracks throughout the extensive land of the farm. You will notice the Birds and may even be lucky enough to see Red Kites and Buzzards as well as the many smaller varieties.
Garden Cottage provides self-catering accommodation of a 4 Star (Gold Award) quality by Visit Britain and can accommodate two guests. The owner also runs Bed and Breakfast accommodation from the farmhouse.
Located on the Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire/Northampton borders, there are many attractions and places of interest close by including:
- 306th Bombardment Group Museum - a charming museum which commemorates the history of the 306th Bombardment Group and the social impact that the 'Friendly Invasion' had on the local area throughout the war.
- Harrold-Odell Country Park - a one hundred and forty four acre country park with three lakes and riverside providing lovely walks.
- Bodyflight Bedford - For those seeking a thrilling experience, visit the largest indoor skydiving vertical wind tunnel in the world - a great place to learn the sport of Bodyflying without the fear of heights or jumping!
- Shuttleworth Collection Old Warden Aerodrome - a unique historical collection of aircraft from a 1909 Bleriot to a 1942 Spitfire, along with cars dating from an 1898 Panhard in running order.
- Internet Access
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
Garden Cottage Continued
Garden Cottage is prepared to the same high standard as the owner's Bed and Breakfast and offers ground floor self catering accommodation for two-three guests of a 4 Star Gold Award standard with the following facilities:
- Spacious bedroom with light oak furniture including a double bed (plus single). There is a door leading out to the garden with seating area, just for you.
- Shower room with a generous shower cubicle and excellent fittings and finish.
- Utility area with washer and tumble dryer.
- Living room / kitchen which is finished to the same high standard as the rest of the cottage. This area contains flat screen television with Freeview, comfortable seating, oak dining table and kitchen fittings including fridge, freezer, microwave and dishwasher.
Additional information: Wi-Fi internet access available. The cottage is on the ground floor and has two steps from the living to bedroom areas. All linens, heating and power are included in the price. Price from £250.00 per week. Cottage postcode is MK44 1QS.
Low Season from £320
High Season from £420
Peak Season £450
Star Rating: 4 Star
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Sleeps 2-3 people in 1 bedroom (1 Double (with additional single))
Owner: Margaret Codd, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Garden Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2010