Acorn - Sandy, Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire Borders, Bedfordshire, England - Sleeps 8
Highfield Farm is home to four well presented holiday homes (and also the owners Bed and Breakfast business) which sit on the borders of Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire. Nicely placed on a large arable farm, extending to some three hundred acres, the cottages nestle amongst rolling countryside and are conveniently located within easy reach of the M1, A1 and A14 motorways.
Converted from two barns, Highfield Farm offers a large cottage which sleeps up to eight guests in four bedrooms and three cottages accommodating smaller parties of up to four, making them equally appealing to couples, families and friends. The cottages sit in a charming courtyard setting and are also ideal for larger parties of up to eighteen when hired together.
Awarded 4 Stars by Visit Britain for quality (5 Star Silver for the Bed and Breakfast accommodation), the holiday cottages provide a comfortable and welcoming retreat.
There are many attractions and places of interest close by including:
- Old Warden which is a beautiful little village boasting the Shuttleworth Collection, the Bird of Prey Centre, The Swiss Garden and also The Hare and Hounds Pub for an excellent meal.
- The Imperial War Museum at Duxford for lovers of aviation history.
- The RSPB Headquarters at Sandy which is great for not only nature but walking with lots of different routes.
- Wimpole Hall, an impressive country house owned by the National Trust.
- Woburn Safari Park and Abbey - sure to be a holiday highlight with the children (and adults!).
- Cecil Higgins Art Gallery and museum in Bedford.
- Wrest Park with its stunning French architecture providing the perfect backdrop for regular historical re-enactments.
- The attractive Bedfordshire town of Ampthill with its antique shops.
- The Glenn Miller museum and for a leisurely walk or alternatively, why not go to Priory Country Park.
- For those who love shopping - Milton Keynes is thirty minutes away as is the historic City of Cambridge with its colleges, universities and shops.
If a holiday also means no cooking, the owners can recommend a number of good pubs in the area.
- Internet Access
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
You have the choice of four lovely cottages at Highfield Farm with Acorn sleeping eight guests; Ash and Chestnut sleeping four and Walnut providing accommodation for two. Alternatively, larger parties of up to eighteen can be accommodated if more than one cottage is rented.
Acorn offers single level accommodation, is the largest of all cottages and is equipped to a high standard offering:
- Three double bedrooms and one twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Four bathrooms, one equipped to M2 standard for those with limited mobility.
- Polished hard wood floors throughout.
- Open plan kitchen/diner/living area providing a large area for families to spend time together. The kitchen is well equipped with dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge/freezer and cooker. The living area offers Freeview television, DVD and video player and there is a dining area with table seating eight guests.
- Guests staying at Acorn have an enclosed area at the back of the cottage which looks into the farmyard (there are no animals, except the farm cats and also a few tractors).
Please note: The cottages may be suitable for people with limited mobility - please discuss your requirements with the owner to ensure the cottage meets your personal needs both inside and out.
Additional information: Unfortunately, pets can not be accepted. All towels and linens are included in the price, as is the heating. Short breaks available - please enquire with owner.
Low Season from £840
Mid Season from £840
High Season from £840
Peak Season £1000
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Friday
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (3 Doubles, 1 Twin)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Margaret & John Codd, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Acorn joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2009
Owner's Other Properties
Short breaks available.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 11th June 2017