Karnten Barn - Askrigg, Wensleydale, North Yorkshire, The Yorkshire Dales, England - Sleeps 6
Karnten Barn sleeps up to six guests and sits in an enviable position with some of the best views in the village. Located in the popular village of Askrigg, within the Yorkshire Dales, this is an ideal place to enjoy a walking holiday, use as a base for exploring the Yorkshire Dales or simply relax and unwind. With the village centre with its pubs, village shops, restaurant and deli/bakery just a short stroll away, you have everything on your doorstep for an enjoyable and relaxing holiday.
Askrigg sits beneath the stunning fells of Ellerkin and Askrigg Common towards the top of Wensleydale. Its character stone cottages and houses line the main street, with the 15th Century parish church in the heart of the village in the old cobbled market place, which still today has its market cross and iron bull ring set into the cobbles.
For those who have watched BBC's 'All Creatures Great and Small', Cringley House in the village will be familiar as the veterinary practice in the series (known as ‘Skeldale House’), and the Kings Arms Hotel (which serves good locally sourced food) as the ‘Drovers Arms’ where James Herriot would enjoy a pint. There is a good village shop where you can buy all your basic groceries and the village also has a delicatessen where local produce can be purchased, a newsagents and three pubs which serve food.
Keen walkers can enjoy walks straight from the front door onto Askrigg Moor and beyond to Swaledale. Alternatively, choose low level rambles down to the River Ure which is approximately a ten minute picturesque walk across the stone flagged paths through the meadows.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Karnten Barn Continued
- Lovely large stone flagged entrance hall with an original village church pew where you can sit and take your walking boots off.
- Shaker style kitchen/diner with a lovely red two oven Aga, separate electric double fan oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher, microwave, washer/drier, fridge, freezer, large cool pantry, table with chairs and comfy sofa.
- Elegant living room with comfortable seating for six, flat screen television, DVD player and multifuel stove. There is also a floor to ceiling window providing stunning views over Wensleydale.
- Downstairs wetroom with power shower.
- Separate WC/cloakroom/drying room.
- Large master bedroom with king-size bed, plenty of clothes storage and beautiful views to wake up to across the village and Wensleydale.
- Spacious twin bedroom with flat screen television, chest of drawers, wardrobe and the same lovely views as the master bedroom.
- Double bedroom.
- Family bathroom with wash basin, WC and bath with power shower over.
Outside: There is the south facing garden with lawn and large patio with furniture for alfresco dining. There is also a side garden with a stone build garden room with table and chairs and drive with parking for up to four cars.
Additional information: Free WiFi, Sky television and a phone for incoming calls are provided (mobile phone reception is limited). Bed linen, tea towels, oil for heating, electricity and coal are included in the price and towels are available for hire if required. One well behaved pet by prior arrangement.
The owner offers a selection of different holiday cottages in and around the area. If this cottage does not offer exactly what you require, click through to the owner's website for full details on all holiday cottages.
Low Season from £425
Mid Season from £570
High Season from £685
Peak Season £725
Star Rating: 4 Star Gold
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Ken & Sue Williamson, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Karnten Barn joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2013
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th August 2017
Approximate Location of Karnten Barn
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book