Honeypot Cottage - Askrigg, Wensleydale, North Yorkshire, The Yorkshire Dales, England - Sleeps 4
Honeypot Cottage is a luxurious, stylish holiday cottage that is located in the lovely village of Askrigg, within the Yorkshire Dales.
Located in an enviable position close to the top of the main street in the village and with the advantage of having parking and a private garden, this is one of the more exclusive cottages in the village.
Offering the best of both worlds, Honeypot Cottage is not only an ideal base for exploring the Yorkshire Dales and its many delights but it is also an ideal retreat for those who would prefer to not use the car and take advantage of the lovely local walks straight from the front door, pubs, restaurants and teashops. What ever the time of year, this is an exceptionally comfortable retreat for a holiday or short break.
The cottage retains many original features and has been stylishly furnished to ensure your every need is catered for, whilst creating a luxurious, cosy atmosphere.
Askrigg nestles beneath the stunning fells of Ellerkin and Askrigg Common towards the top of Wensleydale. Its main street is lined with attractive stone cottages and there is a 15th Century church at the heart of the village in the quaint cobbled market place, where you can still today see the market cross and iron bull ring.
Used in the filmset of All Creatures Great and Small, the Kings Arms (serving good locally sourced food) is better known as the 'Drovers Arms' from the series and many will recognise Cringley House in the village for the part it played as ‘Skeldale House’ (the home of the famous veterinary practice). There is a good village shop where you can buy all your basic groceries and the village also has a delicatessen where local produce can be purchased, a newsagents and three pubs which serve food.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Honeypot Cottage Continued
- Small entrance porch, leading to...
- Delightful living room with shuttered windows, wood paneled walls/ceiling and oak floor. There is a multi fuel stove with stone mantle piece and sofa and chairs - ideal for cosy nights in!
- Dining room providing a light and comfy place to enjoy supper with cream French style armoire, dining table with chairs and sideboard. An archway leads to...
- Fully fitted kitchen with cream farmhouse style units, oak worktop and French style butchers block - everything needed to produce a four course gourmet supper for four, breakfast or simple snack.
- Downstairs cloakroom with WC and washbasin.
- In the centre of the cottage, a feature staircase (with window on the half landing letting in light) leads up to...
- King-size master bedroom with cream wrought iron bed, wardrobe and antique chest of drawers.
- Pretty twin bedroom with built in wardrobe and sloping ceilings under the eaves.
- Lovely large family bathroom with roll top bath, washbasin, separate shower, WC and shaver point - perfect for a long soak after a day walking the Dales!
Outside: A fenced gravel path takes you to a secluded sunny garden with patio, pretty lilac hedge, garden furniture and BBQ for the warmer months. Parking for one car and additional on-road parking at the front of the cottage.
Additional information: Towels are included. Seven nights or more are offered Saturday to Saturday between Easter/end of March through to the end of October (seven night minimum breaks are also offered over the peak Christmas and New Year periods). Outside of these times, short breaks are available (three night minimum) starting on a Friday or Monday.
The owner offers a selection of different holiday cottages in and around the area. If this cottage does not offer exactly what you require, click through to the owner's website for full details on all holiday cottages.
Low Season from £395
Mid Season from £505
High Season from £615
Peak Season £645
Star Rating: 4 Star Gold
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King & 1 Twin room)
Owner: Ken & Sue Williamson, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Honeypot Cottage joined Independent Cottages in April 2009
Owner's Other Properties
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 17th July 2017
Approximate Location of Honeypot Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book