Brystone - West Stonesdale, Swaledale, North Yorkshire, The Yorkshire Dales, England - Sleeps 6
Brystone sleeps six guests in three bedrooms and is a luxurious three hundred year old Yorkshire Dales farmhouse that perfectly blends contemporary style with classic features.
Sitting in a superb location, Brystone nestles in the little hamlet of West Stonesdale within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. If you are looking for a taste of country living and love the idea of staying in a traditional farmhouse with beams on the ceilings; a fabulous stone fireplace where you can enjoy log fires; the comfort of having as many bathrooms as bedrooms; and gardens on all sides with truly unforgettable views - this is the cottage for you!
West Stonesdale is located inbetween Keld in Swaledale and Britain’s highest pub, the world famous Tan Hill Inn. This is real walking country with both the Pennine Way and Alfred Wainwright’s Coast to Coast walk easily accessible from the farmhouse, along with plenty of other shorter walks across the stunning surrounding landscape. The nearby River Swale has a series of waterfalls (referred to as forces locally) with the more well known Wain Wath Force, East Gill Force, Catrake Force and Kisdon Force all just a short walk or drive from Brystone.
Brystone has been beautifully renovated by the owners with the help of local craftsmen who have preserved the wonderful original features whilst bringing it up to date with facilities expected for modern living. Providing a superb base from which to explore the many attractions of the Yorkshire Dales, Brystone provides a luxurious relaxing retreat where friends and families will want to return to time and time again.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Brystone sits within its own walled grounds and affords gardens on all sides and plenty of parking for several cars. The owners of the farmhouse are local farmers who have farmed the land at Stonesdale for generations. One is a local artist and a number of her local paintings can be seen in the farmhouse.
Ground floor - You enter the farmhouse by three different doors; one which leads into the living room; another into the large utility/play room; and the third door is off the terraced patios at the back of the house. The main front door leads into...
- Beautiful lounge with the old stone fireplace housing a wood burning stove as a wonderful focal point. Ample leather sofas, chairs flat screen television with Sky and DVD player ensure guests comfort. This room leads into...
- Lobby at the heart of the house with a hand built oak staircase.
- Well equipped oak farmhouse kitchen with beautiful granite worktops, dishwasher, washer/drier, microwave, electric cooker with ceramic hob and twin ovens, fridge and freezer. The kitchen is open to the dining area with table and chairs so a very social area for friends and family to enjoy supper. Two steps down, take you to the very spacious utility and playroom which provides plenty of storage space and room for the little ones to play.
- Spacious shower room.
- Wonderful master bedroom with a super-king oak bed, deep mattress, flatscreen television and fantastic views from both windows.
- Nice size bathroom next to the master bedroom.
- King-size bedroom which also has lovely views across Stonesdale.
- Twin bedroom (which can also be made up as a super-king) with ensuite shower room.
Outside: The house nestles in its own gardens which are built into the slope of the hill behind, thus meaning there are patios to the front and back of the house. Enclosed lawned gardens and rockeries on different levels, allow guests to enjoy the sunny aspect and lovely views and there is also a small garage which can also be used for storage of bikes and equipment (or one small car), along with parking for at least four cars. Garden furniture is provided on the terraced area as well as a chimenea.
Additional information: Oil central heating throughout. Radio/cassette/CD player provided, along with wireless broadband. Bedlinen, towels and tea towels provided. High chair available upon request. Sorry no pets or smokers.
The owner offers a selection of different holiday cottages in and around the area. If this cottage does not offer exactly what you require, click through to the owner's website for full details on all holiday cottages.
Low Season from £595
Mid Season from £695
High Season from £795
Peak Season £895
Star Rating: 5 Star Gold
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Super-king, 1 King & 1 Twin)
Owner: Ken & Sue Williamson, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Brystone joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2013
Owner's Other Properties
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th September 2017