Higher Scholes Cottage - Oakworth, Haworth, West Yorkshire, England - Sleeps 2
Higher Scholes Cottage offers luxurious self-catering accommodation nestling in the very heart of the beautiful Bronte countryside, affording spectacular views over Haworth and the famous Bronte moors beyond.
The Cottage has been awarded 5 stars from the English Tourism Council, and has been A White Rose Award, for excellence, finalist twice, for its first class accommodation, and the owners commitment to customer care.
The Barn itself is a single storey cottage with a small garden with garden furniture. Being south facing the cottage enjoys a sunny aspect with sun throughout the day.
Higher Scholes Cottage is in a semi-rural position commanding stunning views over Pensitone Hill and Bronte Country. The cottage offers the best of both worlds with the peace and tranquility of the countryside, and the local village of Oakworth with amenities just one mile away.
There's an award winning pub half a mile from the cottage serving excellent food and walks that start from the end of the drive. Mill shops abound in this part of the country selling interesting and local produce - why not discover the little villages and mills on the Keighley Worth Valley Heritage Railway from Oakworth. The area also offers plenty of attractions and great days out including Bolton Abbey, the city of Leeds, Eureka (fantastic museum for children), the Pennine Way and Skipton often called the 'Gateway to the Dales with its castle.
Higher Scholes Cottage is an ideal base for enjoying all that the area has to offer, whether it's a family holiday or a romantic break, it has all the right ingredients; luxury, comfort and a beautiful setting to make a truly memorable holiday.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Higher Scholes Cottage Continued
- Lounge which is an exceptionally welcoming room with a log burner providing a cosy atmosphere to this beautifully presented room. Upon arrival you will be met by gentle music playing in the background, a bottle of bubbly, fruit and flowers - everything to ensure your holiday gets off to a relaxing start from the moment you arrive. Large comfortable sofas, spectacular views, a television, DVD and CD player, underfloor heating and a small libary of films are provided for your comfort and enjoyment.
- Bespoke kitchen complement by a Yorkshire flagged stone floor and plenty of little extras that make the cottage so special and unique. A welcome tray with biscuits, tea, coffee, sugar and milk are awaiting your arrival. Affording fantastic views, you will be hard pushed to find a better place to enjoy a long lazy breakfast. Well equipped, the kitchen has a dishwasher, Gas cooker, fridge/freezer and plenty of crockery, pots, pans, cultery and glasses. There is a seperate utility room with washer, dryer, iron, ironing board and vacuum cleaner.
- Main bathroom providing a wonderfully opulent place to relax with white roll top bath, WC, wash basin and underfloor heating making it warm under foot.
- Twin bedroom beautifully co-ordinated and comfy with thoughtful extra touches to make it a special place to retire at the end of the day with mints on the pillow and fresh flowers in a vase.
- Romantic master bedroom with stunning four poster bed and lovely en-suite shower room. Again beautifully and thoughtfully co-ordinated with lots of extra touches, this light and airy room affords spectacular views over Haworth and beyond to the moors of Bronte Country.
- Hot Tub - One of the many highlights of Higher Scholes cottage is the hot tub sitting on the covered decking area - what better place to relax after an exciting day exploring the area, bubbling away as you take in the beautiful views.
Additional information: Short breaks available all year round (three night weekend breaks or four night mid-week breaks). Changeover is normally on a Friday or Monday but other days may be available - please contact the owner. Prices are fully inclusive of all the little extra touches including a bottle of bubbly (plus strawberries), bathrobes, fluffy towels, slippers, heating, electricity, bed linen, logs for the fire, flowers, welcome tray and private use of the hot tub. Travel cot and high chair available.
Low Season from £799
Mid Season from £799
High Season from £899
Peak Season £899
Star Rating: 5 Star Gold
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Cath O'leary, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Higher Scholes Cottage joined Independent Cottages in May 2007
Taking winter bookings Romantic Cottage stunning views of the Emily Bronte Wuthering Heights moors
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 25th April 2017