The Monmouth - Bath, Wiltshire, England - Sleeps 14+1
The Monmouth is a stylish large holiday home perfectly located right in the heart of the Roman City of Bath with a plethora of attractions and eating establishments on its doorstep. Sleeping up to fourteen guests (plus a child), this elegant townhouse is ideal for large groups of friends or family who want to get away together and catch up or celebrate a special occasion.
Bath is one of the country's most popular destinations for 'stylish' celebrations, with its vibrant feel, made all the more special by its wealth of culture, history and options for entertainment. Whether you are arranging a sophisticated hen night, celebrating a birthday or just want to get away for the weekend with friends, Bath is a super choice and easily accessible to most.
Elegant with a traditional feel in keeping with its setting and a property of the Georgian era, The Monmouth forms part of a newly built terrace and affords a convenient location just a five minutes stroll from Walcot Street (superb for shopping and restaurants). Bath's major attractions including The Roman Baths, Thermea Spa Bath (the first of its kind in Britain) and Bath Abbey are also within walking distance and just ten minutes away.
With its spectacular Georgian architecture, Bath is bustling with visitors at any time of the year, browsing its independent boutiques, museums, historic sites, wine bars and restaurants. Spend the day (or night) relaxing at the Thermae Bath Spa which offers indulging treatments and the opportunity to swim in the warm waters whilst watching over the city. With a calendar packed full of festivals and events, the city is always buzzing and its superb restaurants that cater for every taste attract locals and visitors alike. For those who like to keep active and try something different, take on the challenge of punting and see the historic sights of the city from the water or for something a little more sedate, hire a rowing boat. Once you've worked up an appetite, visit one of Bath's oldest houses, Sally Lunn's to savour afternoon tea (or try the famous local delicacy, the 'Sally Lunn' Bun).
If you can tear yourself away from city life, there are plenty of attractions to visit in the surrounding area. Wookey Hole Caves and Longleat are always popular choices, as are Stone Henge and the pretty villages and ancient towns of the Cotswolds - all providing lovely days out. For the more active, there are also plenty of opportunities to partake in including horse riding, cycling, water sports and lovely walks.
With so much on the doorstep and so many attractions within easy reach, The Monmouth has something to offer everyone whether you are looking for a base to explore the area or a weekend of celebrations.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
The Monmouth Continued
- Generous size entrance hall leading into...
- Spacious sitting room which is light with a wonderful contemporary feel with comfy seating (which includes a sofa bed) and widescreen television - the perfect place to relax at the end of the day.
- Cloakroom with WC and wash basin.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds and a walk-in cupboard providing plenty of storage for clothes, shopping etc.
Lower ground floor
- Beautifully presented fully fitted stylish kitchen with granite worktops and modern stainless steel integrated appliances including Gas hob with extractor over, double eye level oven and microwave, dishwasher, wine chiller and a spacious dining area which comfortably seats fourteen guests. Patio doors lead out to the courtyard which is small and enclosed where you can enjoy a glass of wine at the end of the day.
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and Belfast sink.
- Wet room with shower, WC and wash basin.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Family room with two truckle beds providing flexible sleeping as either two singles, four singles, two doubles or a combination by arrangement.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, WC and wash basin.
- Master double bedroom with sofa bed (sleeping up to four if needed) and dressing room.
- Small single bedroom with cabin bed.
- Shower room with wash basin and WC.
Additional information: Short breaks available. Well behaved dogs welcome by arrangement. Prices includes bed linen and electricity. The cost of heating is included between 1st October to 1st April - outside of these dates it will be charged according to the cost of heating oil. Early and late departure may be available for an additional small fee two weeks before arrival depending on availability. Please bring your own towels.
Low Season from £1550
Mid Season from £1850
High Season from £1950
Peak Season £2150
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 14+1 people in 5 bedrooms (3 Doubles, 1 Single, 1 Twin + Sofa bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Sarah Campos, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Monmouth joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2015
Owner's Other Properties
terms and conditions apply, security deposit required. Parking off street opposit can be booked at £15 per 24 hours max 2 cars at this rate. public rates apply for extra cars
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 25th September 2017
Approximate Location of The Monmouth
The owner has requested that the exact location not be shown, please contact the owner for the precise location of The Monmouth