Spring House - Washwell, Box, Nr Bath, Wiltshire, England - Sleeps 16
Spring House can accommodate large groups of up to sixteen guests in six bedrooms and is a beautifully presented large holiday home with an outdoor swimming pool that is ideal for a reunion of friends, family get together or as a venue to celebrate a special occasion. Nestling amongst eight acres of grounds, this detached house dates back some two hundred years in certain parts and has been transformed into modern stylish self-catering accommodation with a subtle holiday theme running throughout.
Conveniently placed, Spring House is within easy driving distance of the beautiful Roman City of Bath and nestles within Washwell, a peaceful hamlet on the outskirts of the Wiltshire village of Box. With large grounds, an outdoor heated swimming pool and miles of footpaths from the front door, you may find it hard to leave the peaceful setting of Spring House but if you do, you are spoilt for choice with great days out. Take the little ones to Wookey Hole Caves to discover the underworld or Longleat for a day with the animals. You can even visit the country's most famous landmark, Stone Henge or explore the pretty villages and ancient towns of the Cotswolds. For the more active, there are also plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy including horse riding, cycling, walking and water sports.
Bath with its stunning Georgian architecture offers a whole host of attractions from interesting museums, to wonderful shops and boutiques to browse. Possibly the most iconic being the Roman Baths which are a must to visit. Spend the day (or night) relaxing at the Thermae Bath Spa where you can indulge in treatments or swim in the warm waters whilst enjoying the views over the city. Whatever the time of year, Bath offers a packed events calendar with festivals to enjoy and a host of fantastic restaurants to cater for every taste and every occasion. For those who like to be active, take in the cities historic sights and heritage from the waters edge, either by enjoying an afternoon punting or by hiring a rowing boat - a really fun way of escaping the crowds and seeing the sights!
Alternatively, just relax and enjoy the lovely setting and facilities that the Spring House has to offer you and your party.
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Spring House Continued
- Kitchen/breakfast room which is a social place with table/chairs where guests can sit and keep the cook company, plenty of cupboards for storage, range cooker, dishwasher, two large fridges and two freezers.
- Dining room with a table that extends to seat sixteen - a lovely place for long leisurely suppers or celebratory meals getting the whole party around one table.
- Sunny conservatory which looks over the garden and swimming pool.
- Spacious sitting room with large patio doors letting the outside in and providing access into the garden. Stylish in design, there is plenty of comfy seating for all guests, a large Sky television and a log burner for cosy nights catching up with friends.
- Utility room with plenty of space for storing coats, boots and buggies. There is a washing machine for freshening clothes if needed.
- Master bedroom with a stylish four poster king-size bed with sofa at the end providing comfy seating for two - a nice place to enjoy a quiet moment or your morning coffee.
- Oriental Room which offers flexible sleeping with two single beds that can be zipped together to form a super-king sleeping two.
- Forest Room and Seaside Room which are both also flexible offering the choice of two doubles or singles sleeping four guests (the beds in this room are light so can be moved into the master room if preferred).
- Rose room sleeps two and can be configured as a twin or super-king.
- Spring Room also has zip and link beds sleeping two and is ideal for those with limited mobility being on the ground floor.
Outside: Guests have the exclusive use of the private wooded areas and paddocks where there are streams and spring fed pools, along with the outdoor heated pool with sun loungers for relaxation and barbecue during the warmer months. Plenty of off-road parking. The house is approached via the long drive.
Additional information: Short breaks available. Well behaved dogs welcome by arrangement. Table football provided for guests entertainment. Prices includes heating, linen and electricity. The cost of heating is included between 1st October to 1st April - outside of these dates it will be charged according to the cost of heating oil. Early and late departure may be available for an additional small fee two weeks before arrival depending on availability. Please bring your own towels.
Low Season from £1450
Mid Season from £2450
High Season from £3450
Peak Season £3950
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 16 people in 6 bedrooms (1 King, 3 Family rms, 2 Twins/Super-kings)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Sarah Campos, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Spring House joined Independent Cottages in March 2015
Owner's Other Properties
Short break weekend bookings welcome. The swimming pool is closed at the end of Sept and weather permitting will be open for Easter. If there is a frost on the ground the pool will not be open.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 5th August 2017
Approximate Location of Spring House
The owner has requested that the exact location not be shown, please contact the owner for the precise location of Spring House