Longview Manor - Timsbury, Nr Bath, Wiltshire, England - Sleeps 24+2
With an outdoor pool, ten seater hot tub, eleven bedrooms, sauna, games room and magnificent gardens, this fabulous Georgian country mansion provides the perfect setting for celebrating a very special occasion with friends and family. From the moment you approach along the carriage driveway, Longview Manor is sure to impress you and your party. It sleeps large parties of up to twenty four guests (plus two infants) and is every bit as fabulous inside as it is out.
Enjoy alfresco dining under the pergola soaking up the stunning countryside views, relax by the pond listening to the sound of the fountain, enjoy some girly catch-up time with a glass of bubbly in the hot tub, lounge by the pool or celebrate a special occasion over a celebratory meal in the impressive dining room. Catering for all occasions, Longview Manor is the perfect choice for that very special birthday, anniversary, family get together or reunion of friends.
The countryside setting offers all the right ingredients to relax and unwind yet it is conveniently located six and a half miles from Bath's spectacular Roman city centre.
One of the UK's top 'celebration' destinations, Bath has a bustling vibrant feel at any time of the year, steeped in culture and history. Entertainment venues offer a busy calendar of events and the city offers world class attractions including The famous Roman Baths, Thermae Spa Bath (the first of its kind in Britain) and Bath Abbey. There are also a plethora of restaurants, bars and shops for retail therapy, or take in the cities sites whilst having some fun punting.
For those who enjoy outdoor activities, the surrounding countryside offers great opportunities for walkers and cyclists as well as an abundance of attractions including Wookey Hole Caves and Longleat Safari Park. Stonehenge is also within driving distance, as are the picturesque historic honey coloured villages and towns of the Cotswolds.
Whether you are looking for somewhere extra special to simply tuck yourself away, celebrate and indulge; or want a venue with attractions and activities to keep the whole party entertained, Longview Manor is a superb choice.
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Hot Tub
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Longview Manor Continued
- An impressive entrance hall greets you upon arrival. This leads off to...
- Twin bedroom with gorgeous views of the garden to wake up to.
- Adjacent to the twin room is a cloak room with WC.
- Light and airy drawing room which also has lovely views over the garden. With three huge windows, this delightful room is washed with sunlight and provides a lovely place to relax with open fire.
- Off the drawing room is a dining room fit for a banquet with table that seats up to twenty guests (an additional table can be put in the room to seat larger parties).
- Opposite the dining room is the kitchen, beautifully presented with granite topped units, an Aga with six ovens, two dishwashers, microwave, two big American style fridge/freezers and that all important coffee machine. Off the kitchen is...
- Breakfast room with a table that seats ten guests.
- A sunny conservatory can also be found next to the kitchen providing a lovely place to relax. There is a changing room and WC in the conservatory which leads outside to the terrace with a hot tub which allows ten people to relax and bubble.
- Relaxed sitting room with wood burning stove, comfy seating and television - a great place for a quiet moment.
- A games room and sauna (seats ten) are located in the basement.
- Impressive master bedroom with king-size four poster in striking dark wood, perfectly complemented by restful hues and large windows that let the light flood in. This room has an en-suite wet room, dressing room and 'his and her' basins.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds and large B&O television with comfy seats in front creating a room that is perfect for sleeping and relaxing.
- The fourth bedroom is access via a secret door off the twin and has a king-size bed and WC with wash basin next door.
- Two double bedrooms (one with an en-suite bathroom).
- Super-king size bedroom.
- Three additional doubles can be found on this floor. Two have a 'Jack and Jill' en-suite between them (which is also accessible off the landing).
- Family bedroom with two sets of bunk beds sleeping four guests - kids will love this room.
Outside: Longview Manor is every bit as impressive from the outside as it is within. The grounds are beautifully maintained and are sure to impress from the moment you approach the carriage driveway. Enjoy alfresco dining under the shade of the pergola (outdoor furniture, BBQ and stunning views provided!) or take a dip in the outdoor pool (available for use between Easter and late September - please confirm at the point of booking) and then relax on a lounger on the sunny terrace. There is a pool house with changing facilities, shower, WC and kitchenette for guests convenience, lawned terrace, a pond with fountain (and one with carp), a wooded walk and a ten seater hot tub providing the ultimate in relaxation.
Additional information: Longview Manor has only just been made available for holiday letting in 2017. Facilities are continually being 'tweaked' and improved upon so please check with the property manager at the point of booking that all information is correct and the property suits you and your parties personal needs. Well behaved dogs welcome. Prices include bed linen and electricity - please bring your own towels. If you would like to use the hot tub, there is an additional charge of £75. The cost of heating is included between 1st October to 1st April - outside of these dates it will be charged according to the cost. Early and late departure may be available for an additional small fee two weeks before arrival depending on availability. Catering is available by arrangement.
Low Season from £2250
Mid Season from £3150
High Season from £4250
Peak Season £6450
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 24+2 people in 11 bedrooms (1 Family room, 2 Twins, 5 Doubles, 2 Kings & 1 Super-king)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Sarah Campos, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Longview Manor joined Independent Cottages in May 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 4th September 2017
Approximate Location of Longview Manor
The owner has requested that the exact location not be shown, please contact the owner for the precise location of Longview Manor