Curlew Cottage - Broad Hinton, Wiltshire, England - Sleeps 6
Curlew Cottage sleeps six guests comfortably and sits in wonderful open Wiltshire countryside at the base of Hackpen Hill. Here you can enjoy a calmer pace of life and lovely views over the Marlborough Downs. There are miles of tracks, paths and quiet lanes for walking, riding and cycling starting from the front door, and whilst you may feel like you are tucked away from the hustle and bustle of life, you are within easy reach of Bristol, Bath and also London.
A semi-detached barn conversion, Curlew Cottage affords a wonderful rural position with arable fields surrounding it. Luxurious, spacious and light, it offers three bedrooms. Accommodation is split over two floors and of a very high standard of comfort and style with natural stone floors, underfloor heating, and oak finishing's. There is also parking directly outside the door, so no long hikes with your luggage when you arrive!
Ideally located, Curlew Cottage sits beneath Broad Hinton, Marlborough White Horse, with some of the country's most significant attractions within easy reach including Stonehenge; Avebury's World Heritage Site (just a five minute drive!); the historic market town of Marlborough and the White Horses of Wiltshire that can be found dotted around the countryside. The cottage provides the perfect base for exploring everything that this beautiful county has to offer and attractions a little further afield including Badminton Horse Trials, Newbury and Cheltenham Racecourses and the popular cities of Winchester (one hour by car); Salisbury with its beautiful cathedral (one hour) and the Roman City of Bath (forty five minutes). For the younger ones, why not visit the Cotswold Wildlife Park (thirty minutes), Longleat Safari Park (under an hour) or Roves Farm (just twenty minutes), all providing great days out and lots of fun.
The village of Broad Hinton offers amenities including a village shop/post office, two good pubs and an attractive church. For nature lovers, the area is a haven for wildlife, and cyclists and walkers can explore the Ridgeway National Trail Cycle and Walking Route which is just 0.3 miles from the cottage. The famous archetypal English market town of Marlborough is six miles away and Swindon is seven miles with a mainline station connecting you to London Paddington in around an hour.
- Internet Access
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Curlew Cottage Continued
- Entrance hall leading into spacious light open plan kitchen/dining living area.
- Large fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, double oven, hob and fridge/freezer. The kitchen extends into...
- Dining area with large table and eight chairs leading to...
- Sitting area with comfortable sofa/chairs, television, DVD player and patio doors leading to the outside patio with table and chairs - the perfect place for admiring the views over the open countryside.
- Utility room off the kitchen with washing machine and tumble dryer, plus extra cupboard and workspace. There is a back door so you can come in to the utility room from outside with muddy boots and wet coats.
- Downstairs WC off the utility room.
- Spacious king-size bedroom with en-suite bath/shower room/WC.
- An oak staircase leads up to...
- Glazed gallery walkway leading to a spacious bedroom with king-size oak bed, matching furniture and stunning vaulted ceiling providing a spectacular feature.
- Family bathroom.
- Large twin bedroom with oak fitted wardrobe and shelving.
Additional information: All bedrooms have drawer/shelf and hanging storage space. Curlew Cottage is ideal for six adults. The property is suitable for people with limited mobility having a ground floor en-suite bedroom but please discuss your personal requirements with the owner before booking to ensure the cottage meets your needs both inside and out. Well behaved pets may be accepted - please enquire.
Low Season from £650
Mid Season from £850
High Season from £1000
Peak Season £1200
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Kings & 1 Twin)
Owner: Madeleine White, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Curlew Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2013
4 Star Gold Stunning Conversion sleeps 6. For Trip Advisor Reviews look at http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/avebury/303683 Wifi is back!
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 10th September 2017