Braunston Mill - Braunston, Nr Cotswolds, Warwickshire, England - Sleeps 6
Both Braunston Mill and Mill Cottage stand centrally in England at its very heart and are located in Braunston, an ancient village in Warwickshire famous for being the meeting place where the Grand Union and Oxford Canals come together.
A truly spectacular and unique building which is photographed by many, both holiday cottages provide luxurious self catering holiday accommodation of a high degree of comfort and style.
Braunston Mill is ideal for parties of up to six guests and Mill Cottage is the perfect Romantic Retreat for just two. Both can be hired independently or together to accommodate larger parties of eight. They are both positioned apart with a good degree of privacy and each have there own individual private Hot Tubs for guests enjoyment.
Previously featured in the BBC Good Homes magazine and also the travel section of The Guardian, The Mill provides a stylish contemporary retreat sleeping six guests in three bedrooms and accommodation stretching across six floors.
Whilst the canals were once the primary form of transport of the time, today Braunston's waters are very busy with pleasure boats allowing tourists to explore the waterways. There is a canalside walk which takes you for an enjoyable stroll past Chandlers, souvenir shops, boat builders/fitters and the Old Pump House with its enormous chimney which is now used as moorings for the many narrow boats stationed here.
The Marina is an attraction not to be missed whilst visiting with its warehouse style accommodation and lovely historical buildings and equipment - one of the country's most impressive marinas to be found inland.
There are plenty of things to see and do in this wonderful area including: Stratford upon Avon which is twenty seven miles through wonderful country side; Warwick with its incredible Castle; Royal Leamington Spa, a great town with art galleries and fashion shops and a good choice of golf courses. Alternatively, do what many others do and simply relax locally and enjoy the wonderful setting along with sampling the local food and ale at one of the pubs within walking distance.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Braunston Mill Continued
- Ground floor: You enter via the main hall with a quiet area where you can sit and enjoy a quiet moment with a good book. There is a utility area (with washing machine) and WC on the ground floor.
- First floor which is home to the fantastic modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances including a large American fridge/freezer, eye level oven, microwave, separate steam oven and huge centre island with large extractor over the induction hob. The stylish sink station (designed by Porsche) has a dishwasher and there is a large dining table with seating for eight. A door takes you to an external stairway providing access into the secluded secluded garden.
- Second floor where the large sitting room is located. A fantastic social space with two huge sofas which each seat four, allowing guests to relax whilst watching a film on the television (fifty inch Plasma!). DVD player and Hi-Fi are also provided for guests entertainment.
- Third floor is home to a luxurious state of the art bathroom with a Whirlpool large round bath (with radio and eight jets) as its centre piece, along with a steam shower with massage jets - a really wonderful place to relax and unwind at the end of the day! A double en-suite bedroom with feature round bed and television is also located on this floor.
- Fourth floor landing leads out to a balcony where you can enjoy the views over the surrounding area. This floor has a king-size bedroom with a contemporary glass wash basin, television and lovely views in the direction of the marina and beyond to Leamington Spa. There is also has a separate cloakroom on this floor with WC.
- Fifth Floor with a king-size bedroom that is split across two levels and makes you fell like you are on 'top of the world'. The lower level houses a double ended bath and wash basin whilst the top level accommodates the four poster bed. Magnificent views over the surrounding countryside can be enjoyed from this room (a real birds eye view!).
Outside: A fully enclosed secluded garden at the side of the property provides an ideal place to relax during the warmer months with outside furniture and Gas barbecue. One of the properties many highlights is the six seater hot tub which guests have the private use of (heated to 38 degrees - a small additional charge of £10 per use is applicable).
Additional information: Lots of little extras are provided for a warm welcome including a bottle of wine, tea, coffee, milk, bread, biscuits, eggs and a choice of cereals to cater for your first breakfast. A range of toiletries are also provided in the bathrooms, along with hair driers in the bedrooms. No smoking inside the property. The Windmill may not be suitable for those with limited mobility or young children due to the stairs. Short breaks are offered throughout the whole year.
Low Season from £800
Mid Season from £875
High Season from £975
Peak Season £1200
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (3 Doubles)
Owner: Sandie Ayriss, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Braunston Mill joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2010
Owner's Other Properties
NEW FOR 2014 Brand new bathroom with amazing freestanding whirlpool bath and multi function shower. Free WiFi and Apple TV with Netflix movies.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 23rd June 2017