Woodfarm House - Stonham Aspal, Suffolk, England - Sleeps 7Group bookings available: This property is one of 7 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 19 guests
Woodfarm House sleeps up to seven guests and is a beautiful thatched farmhouse that dates back as far as the 15th Century. Perfectly blending opulence with immense character, the farmhouse is one of a collection of dog-friendly holiday retreats located at Woodfarm Barns in the Suffolk village of Stonham Aspal. A wonderful retreat for friends and families (or couples who like space around them), Woodfarm House is ideally placed in the very heart of Suffolk.
Huge open skies, fantastic pubs, leafy country lanes, quintessentially English villages with pretty thatched cottages and beautiful rolling countryside with an abundance of footpaths are just a few of the many reasons for visiting Suffolk. Less than two hours from London, you can leave your desk on a Friday night and be enjoying a pint of Suffolk ale before sunset - an ideal holiday destination whatever the time of the year for a short break or longer stay.
Offering a very high standard of self-catering accommodation, Woodfarm House provides an ideal retreat to relax and unwind with its oak-beamed ceilings and interior that oozes character and country charm. It also makes a good venue for larger groups when rented with the other cottages and is popular with friends and families who want to get together, along with celebrations such as anniversaries, hen nights and even weddings.
Within the local area are some great country walks, along with superb pubs for long lazy lunches, nature reserves for wildlife enthusiasts and plenty of tourist attractions. For water lovers, there are good opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, sailing and river cruises on the Rivers Orwell and Stour, along with lovely riverside walks. Alternatively, explore the beautiful Suffolk Heritage Coastline with its many delights including Aldeburgh, Dunwich, Southwold, Thorpeness, Orford and Snape Maltings to name just a few. A trip to RSPB Minsmere (where Springwatch was filmed in 2015) is also a must!
Beautifully combining dog-friendly principles with an exceptionally high standard of luxury, there is no need to leave your dog at home or compromise the quality of holiday accommodation - the owner's don’t simply ‘accept’ dogs, they go out of their way to welcome them!
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Woodfarm House Continued
- Entrance hall which leads into the dining room, sitting room and kitchen.
- Large sitting room with fantastic inglenook fire place where you can enjoy relaxing in front of the flickering flames of an open fire with comfy seating and a heavily beamed ceiling adding to the charm. Flatscreen television, DVD/CD player and iPod docking are provided for guest entertainment.
- Cosy 'snug’ which offers another nice place to sit and escape for a quiet moment.
- Impressive dining room in warming deep red tones, beautifully complemented by heavy oak beams, a dresser and dining table with chairs.
- Gorgeous farmhouse kitchen which again affords beams on the ceiling, wooden cupboards, fridge, microwave, range cooker similar to an Aga, dishwasher, washing machine and a big old table where you can sit with a glass of wine and keep the cook company whilst they prepare dinner. There is also a walk-in pantry providing plenty of storage.
- Cloak room with WC and wash basin.
- Shower room.
First floor (accessed by two separate staircases)
- Master bedroom with king-size bed and en-suite bathroom with a roll-top bath, WC and wash basin.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Double bedroom.
- Single bedroom with football table which will entertain the little ones (and older ones!).
- Family bathroom with roll-top bath, WC and wash basin.
Outside: Plenty of parking available for guests who have their own private kitchen garden which affords a sunny aspect, barbecue area and lots of space to relax and play games. Guests are also welcome to use the communal grounds which provide a pleasant place to relax with mature trees surrounding the pond which has a decking area where you can sit and enjoy a 'sun-downer'!
Additional information: Up to three dogs are welcome to stay as the cottage has wooden floors and a fully enclosed garden. Bikes are available (no extra charge) as is bike storage. Guests receive a delicious local breakfast basket upon arrival (and a doggie treat for your four legged friends!). Short breaks of two nights minimum are available all year round. Prices include linen, electricity, heating and towels. Friday, Monday and Sunday are normal changeover days.
Group Bookings: Large parties of up to nineteen guests can be accommodated when all seven cottages are rented together. Woodfarm Barns provides an ideal venue for family gatherings, friends reunions and celebratory events including weddings and hen nights. The farmhouse provides plenty of room for everyone to socialise both inside and out (there is seating for twelve guests or more if you are happy to be a little cosy!) and it is possible to arrange for a chef (Michelin Star!) to cater for you and also a beautician for those who want some pampering.
Low Season from £782
Mid Season from £853
High Season from £995
Peak Season £1699
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 7 people in 4 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double, 1 Twin & 1 Single)
Group booking details:
Please note: Woodfarm House sleeps 7 people. The owner has 7 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 19 guests. Dining capacity: 0.
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Carl Scott, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Woodfarm House joined Independent Cottages in July 2015
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017