Squirrel Cottage - Snape, Nr Aldeburgh, Suffolk, England - Sleeps 4
Squirrel Cottage sleeps four guests in two bedrooms and is ideally positioned in a peaceful country lane in the picturesque village of Snape on the Suffolk coastline. Pretty throughout, from its pink walls that greet you as you arrive, to the country furnishings within, this cosy retreat provides a warm welcome with a log fire for winter breaks and terrace for enjoying the summer sun.
Sitting on a private driveway in a row of three terrace cottages, Squirrel Cottage affords private parking which is a rarity in Snape. It also benefits from being within walking distance of the village amenities, including a shop and also Snape Maltings with its famous Concert Hall, shops, cafe, tea shop and food hall - a must for stocking up on holiday gifts and goodies to cook back at the cottage. With an extensive programme of events taking place throughout the year, the concert hall is a popular venue with something for all tastes from opera to jazz.
For those who enjoy cycling and walking, the cottage is a good choice. Lace up your walking boots and explore the many footpaths that are accessible from the cottage (local maps provided). Two bikes are also available for guests to loan, allowing you to cycle the leafy country lanes and discover the many pretty villages and coastline without the use of the car.
Nestling within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the surrounding countryside is an oasis for bird and wildlife. Visit RSPB Minsmere (featured on Spring Watch), Orford Creek or Iken marshes. The forests at Rendlesham and Tunstall are also popular with wildlife enthusiasts providing the opportunity of catching a glimpse of deer as well as plenty of birds.
Sitting so close to Suffolk's beautiful Heritage Coastline, the popular seaside resorts of Aldeburgh, Southwold, Dunwich and Thorpeness are all within a short drive away, providing plenty of opportunities for a day on the beach. The pretty small towns of Framlingham and Orford are also a must to visit with their magnificent castles.
Offering the perfect blend of coastal charm and country living, Snape is a superb base for exploring Suffolk's many treasures.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Accessible via Public Transport
Squirrel Cottage Continued
Squirrel Cottage affords a sunny aspect and provides a warm welcome all year round.
- Cosy sitting room with dining area. A brick fireplace houses the log burning stove which makes a lovely focal feature and comfy seating, flat screen Freeview television, DVD player and CD player are provided for guests enjoyment. Wooden floor boards add to the charm of this room and there is a dining table with seating for four - the perfect place for supper at the end of the day!
- Kitchen equipped with everything needed to self-cater including a cooker, washing machine, fridge/freezer and microwave. This leads out to a terrace garden which is paved and has outdoor furniture - a lovely place for watching the feathered visitors (which even include woodpeckers!).
- Snug room which is small and perfect for reading.
- Main double bedroom with standard double bed.
- Second double bedroom with smaller four foot double bed.
- House bathroom with shower over the bath, WC and wash basin.
Additional information: Bed linen and towels are provided, along with a basket of logs to get your first fire going (additional logs can be purchased locally). Internet access throughout the cottage. Night storage heating throughout (electricity included). Unfortunately no pets and no smoking inside the cottage. Short breaks available out of peak season - please enquire with the owner. A welcome basket is provided upon arrival.
Low Season from £310
Peak Season £425
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (2 Doubles)
Owner: Caroline Beach, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Squirrel Cottage joined Independent Cottages in March 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 9th August 2017
Approximate Location of Squirrel Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book