Cobblers Cottage - Stoke-by-Nayland, Suffolk, England - Sleeps 2
Cobblers Cottage is located in the lovely Suffolk village of Stoke-by-Nayland and is one of the most impressive cottages to be found in terms of character and charm. Sleeping two, Cobblers offers the height of historic features, perfectly married with five star luxuries to create an unforgettable romantic holiday retreat.
Nestling in the heart of Dedham Vale (an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), Stoke-by-Nayland is a picturesque setting for your holiday in Suffolk and has an excellent pub that sits alongside the river for lazy lunches and suppers. Dotted with sleepy pretty villages and picturesque rolling countryside, this beautiful part of suffolk offers superb walking opportunities. Spend your days strolling alongside the River Stour with a picnic or exploring the Pilgrims Way (accessible from the village). The tiny meandering lanes also provide miles of excellent cycling opportunities (bikes can be provided - please enquire with the owner).
Suffolk and East Anglia offer endless opportunities for outdoor activities with rivers to fish or explore by canoe, horse riding, country sports such as shooting and golf. There are nature reserves for wildlife enthusiasts and birdwatchers, as well as fantastic beaches such as Aldeburgh on Suffolk's Heritage Coastline and Southwold.
Whatever time of the year you are looking to take a holiday or break, Cobblers Cottage is perfect. Spend your days exploring Suffolk's many attractions then alfresco dine in the garden during the warmer months; and of a winter, curl up in front of the roaring log fire with your favourite tipple.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Cobblers Cottage Continued
An immense amount of love and care has gone into the renovation of Cobblers Cottage to produce a holiday retreat for two that is packed full of historic charm and Five Star quality.
- Kitchen which provides a huge welcome as you enter the cottage with flagstone floor, range style cooker (electric), dishwasher, microwave and table with chairs for enjoying supper.
- Sun lobby off the kitchen with large windows that let the light flood in, table with chairs and access out onto the patio. Whatever the weather, you can alfresco dine albeit outside or in the lobby.
- Sitting room laden with beams on the ceiling and walls, fantastic brick floor topped with rugs, antique furniture, and the deepest of Knowle sofas to snuggle up in front of the crackling flames of the huge inglenook fireplace (television, DVD and CD player provided for guests entertainment). Words just can't do this room justice so take a look at the photos!
- Off the sitting room is a little library.
- Utility room with washing machine.
- On the first floor is the bedroom which is every bit as impressive in terms of historic charm, as the sitting room. Adorned with heavy drapes and traditional furniture, this king-size bedroom assures a good nights sleep.
- Bathroom with WC, wash basin, heated towel rail and slipper bath (with hand held shower attachment) for a long soak at the end of an exciting day exploring Suffolk.
Outside: There is parking for one car (off-road). The garden is a delight to be in during the warmer months with patio for alfresco dining, and also a herb/vegetable garden which guests are most welcome to help themselves to.
Additional information: Up to two well behaved dogs welcome. Strictly no smoking. Cot available if required for a baby. Short breaks available. Prices include heating, linen, electricity and towels.
Low Season from £527
Mid Season from £538
High Season from £689
Peak Season £814
Star Rating: 5 Star
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Mon/Fri
Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 Double)
Owner: Mark Scott, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Cobblers Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2016