25 Stradbroke Road - Southwold, Suffolk, England - Sleeps 6
Perfectly placed for a seaside holiday, this traditional Victorian cottage offers comfortable welcoming accommodation with plenty of original character in one of Southwold's most desirable areas.
Sitting in a quiet residential street, the property is a short stroll from the many amenities and attractions of this quintessentially English seaside town including pubs, restaurants, cafes, shops and Southwold's famous pier and beach which are just around the corner.
Keeping a watchful eye over the town, the lighthouse is literally a pebble's throw away from the cottage at the end of the road, as is the nearest pub (Sole Bay Inn) where you can sample a pint of Adnams finest and some traditional pub fare!
Whilst staying in Southwold, a trip to Adnams Brewery in the town is a must and every bit as good as having fish and chips on the pier enjoying the setting sun! Let the little ones try their luck at crabbing in the harbour or get lost in Southwold Maize Maze - a giant puzzle of some eight acres! Visit the Southwold Museum and learn about the local history or browse the boutiques for holiday gifts.
For those who can tear themselves away from Southwold, Suffolk's Heritage Coastline is dotted with splendid towns to visit including nearby Aldeburgh, Dunwich and slightly further afield, Great Yarmouth, one of Norfolk's seaside hot spots for traditional fun. Head to Africa Alive along the coast where you will see eighty different species of animals, or bring your bike and explore the pretty country lanes and cycle routes of the area (bike hire available locally). You can even spend the day exploring the Norfolk Broads, Norwich city centre or the abundance of wildlife in one of the nature reserves dotted along the coast including the famous RSPB reserve at Minsmere just a twenty five minute drive away.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Washing Machine
25 Stradbroke Road Continued
- Sitting room with large bay window, comfy seating, television (with Freeview and DVD player), a book case full of books, and log burning stove for cosy nights. A Stripped wooden floor complements the traditional style of this room.
- Kitchen/diner with farmhouse style table with six chairs, dishwasher, microwave, Gas cooker, Fridge/Freezer and washing machine. The kitchen takes you out to a small courtyard with table and chairs where you can sit out (washing line also provided for drying clothes).
- Twin bedroom with two single beds, another book case stacked full of books which guests are welcome to read, and stripped wooden floor adding to the Victorian charm. A wardrobe and chest of drawers provide plenty of clothes storage.
- Spacious master double bedroom which is a sunny room in the afternoon with ornamental fireplace, small television, chest of drawers and wardrobe for clothes storage.
- Second twin bedroom with stripped wooden floors, two single beds, dressing table, drawers and hanging space for clothes.
- Family bathroom with shower over the bath, heated towel rail, WC, hand basin and bidet.
- Separate additional WC with small hand basin.
Additional information: Regret no pets. Children most welcome and the location is perfect for a seaside holiday. No smoking. High chair can be provided by prior arrangement. WiFi internet access. Short breaks may be available out of high season – minimum three nights – please contact the owner. Prices include electricity, central heating and a starter supply of fuel for the log-burner (logs and smokeless fuel are available to purchase locally). Bedlinen is included but please bring your own towels. The road at the front of the property offers parking (it is an unrestricted area).
Low Season from £440
Mid Season from £600
High Season from £770
Peak Season £985
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 2 Twins)
Owner: Viv Tolfree, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
25 Stradbroke Road joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 10th September 2017