Stable Cottage - Petersfield, Nr Winchester, Hampshire, The South Downs, England - Sleeps 6-8
Stable Cottage sleeps up to eight guests (four to six adults plus two to four children) and is a welcoming retreat for friends and families nestling in a tranquil valley setting amongst rolling Hampshire countryside. Sitting in the South Downs National Park, the cottage affords lovely views and provides the opportunity for peace and tranquility whilst being conveniently placed close to the Hampshire market town of Petersfield (just ten minutes by car). Good road and train connections make Stable Cottage accessible from London and within easy reach of Portsmouth.
One of two holiday cottages available for self-catering on the farm, Stable Cottage is light and airy throughout, with two double bedrooms on the ground floor, along with a special attic area upstairs where the little ones will love playing and can also sleep with the addition of extra beds by arrangement.
Downlands Farm is a small family-run farm where you will see cattle peacefully grazing in a wonderful setting. There are miles of spectacular country walks from the front door and plenty of tracks and lanes to keep cyclists happy (bike storage available). Stabling and grazing is also available for those who want to bring their horse away to explore this lovely part of South England.
For those wanting something a little more leisurely, you have the choice of three pubs for a long lazy lunch or evening meal out within walking distance (half an hour by foot or a short three minute car ride away). A good range of shops can be found at Petersfield, or closer to home you have two village stores for stocking up on provisions.
There are plenty of nice days out for those who can tear themselves away from the lovely setting of the farm. The cities of Winchester, Chichester, Guilford and Portsmouth are all under an hour away by car; or for a day by the sea, head to the glorious sandy beach of West Wittering in West Sussex (an hour away) or closer to home, Hayling Island for traditional seaside fun (just thirty minutes). There are also plenty of attractions to entertain all ages including Goodwood for a day at the races, Marwell Zoo, Paultons Park with Pepper Pig World (sure to be a hit with the kids!), Arundel Castle, Highclere Castle (better known as 'Downton Abbey'!), and Jane Austen's House Museum to name just a few.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Stables/Livery Onsite
Stable Cottage Continued
- Covered porch provides a good place to leave boots and leads into...
- Open plan living room arranged as two distinct areas. The beautifully appointed kitchen has plenty of cupboards, dishwasher, microwave, double electric eye level oven, hob, microwave, wine fridge and long dining table with chairs. This leads into...
- Sitting area with comfy seating, Smart television (with BT vision - or bring your Netflix login to use) and large glass windows and doors that let the outside flood in and provide access to the patio area with outdoor furniture for relaxing during the warmer months.
- Off the kitchen is a utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer that provides access to a shower room with WC and wash basin.
- Master double bedroom with television and en-suite bathroom which includes a WC, wash basin and big bath for a long soak at the end of the day.
- Second double bedroom which also has a television.
- Attic room, accessed via a staircase in the sitting room which the little ones will love. Cosy and 'hidden' away, this room provides a great place for children to play or sleep (with the addition of two extra beds - by arrangement at the point of booking).
Additional information: Wi-Fi internet access available and included in the price along with heating, linen, electricity and towels. Travel cot, high chair and stair gate available. Guests are welcome to stay for a short break (three night minimum) up to four months for longer lets.
Low Season from £700
Mid Season from £850
High Season from £1000
Peak Season £1000
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6-8 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles + an Attic Room)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Venetia Bridger, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Stable Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th July 2017