Woodlands - Langford Budville, Somerset/Devon Borders, Somerset, England - Sleeps 6
Woodlands is situated on the site of a small holding/garden nursery within the lovely Vale of Taunton Deane on the Somerset/Devon border. Adjoining the nature reserve and with a private HOT TUB in a gazebo, this is the perfect place to relax and unwind!
Located just outside the village of Langford Budville in open countryside and within walking distance of the pub, this delightful holiday cottage benefits from panoramic views to the Blackdown Hills and Wellington Monument.
The cottage provides a good base for exploring the many attractions that Somerset and Devon have to offer and it is an excellent location for a relaxing holiday. There are walks/cycle rides directly from the front door out onto a one hundred and eighty acre nature reserve which is a mixture of heathland and mature deciduous woodlands (which are beautiful in the spring when the snowdrops and primroses are in bloom), crisscrossed with rambling paths and country lanes. Alternatively, explore the Quantocks and Exmoor by horse back.
Open all year, this is a great place to relax and chill out with the cottage providing warm comfortable accommodation where you can escape from crowds, noise and the general chaos of modern life.
Only five miles from the M5 (junction 26) and midway between the north and south coasts, Woodlands offers the best of both worlds - it provides you with a peaceful environment where you can unwind and relax, with the added benefit of being within easy access to the many tourist attractions the area has to offer. It is only nine miles from Taunton, three miles from Wellington and twenty six miles from Exeter.
The village pub in Langford Budville is within walking distance and offers good food and lovely open fires and there are other good eating pubs nearby.
Children are made very welcome and there is plenty to keep them occupied with toys and a play area with swings, games, slides, climbing frame, see-saw and plenty of space to play. A cot and high chair can be provided if required.
For the adults you can relax on the sun loungers, enjoy a BBQ and alfresco dining or relax in the hot tub which is located in a gazebo in the cottage garden and seats six people.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Woodlands is a spacious, warm and homely cottage that has been furnished and equipped to a high standard with everything needed for a comfortable and enjoyable family holiday at any time of the year. You have a private hot tub all year round in the cottage garden gazebo, a whirlpool bath to relax in and a modern log burner to curl up in front of on those more chilly nights.
- Large sun room for lounging which is a warm and cosy room with plenty of light that comes flooding in from the skylights, windows and folding doors. A wonderful modern log burner, comfy seating, wide screen television with Sky (full package) and DVD player are provided for guests enjoyment. Folding doors take you outside to the patio which is private and sheltered - an ideal place for enjoying supper outside. Beyond the patio are lovely mature gardens with a gazebo which houses the hot tub.
- Spacious beamed kitchen which has a wonderful feel, perfectly blending farmhouse style with modern conveniences including a range style cooker (which has a griddle plate, grill, oven, hob and two ovens), dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine and ample cupboard space. Plenty of china, glasses, cutlery, pots and pans are provided along with equipment including a coffee maker, sandwich toaster and steamer.
- Double bedroom with four-poster bed, television, dressing table and en-suite shower room.
- Spacious family bathroom with Whirlpool bath, sink and WC.
- Cloakroom with WC and wash basin.
- Spacious king-size bedroom with lovely views over woodland (bluebells can be seen in spring) and open countryside. There are two arm chairs, a large wardrobe, dressing table (including mirror), television, video and en-suite shower room.
- Twin room with two single beds, wardrobe and television.
- Separate WC with wash basin.
Outside: From the sun room, folding doors lead out into a sun trap, sheltered, private patio area surrounded by mature flower beds with fragrant and colourful plants, shrubs and herbs. There is a large table with six chairs and parasol, sunbeds and a sandpit. From the patio area is a second larger lawned garden with mature flower beds and views to the Blackdown Hill over open countryside. There is parking just outside the property and additional parking on-site if required.
Additional information: Cots and high chairs can be provided. Price includes bed linen, towels (including tea towels), Gas, electricity, logs for the fire and the use of the Hot Tub. Owners live on site so are on hand to help sort out any problems then and there. In low season there are last minute special offers.
Low Season from £399
Mid Season from £690
High Season from £889
Peak Season £998
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Carol Mahoney, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Woodlands joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2009
Lovely new Sun Room & super new kitchen. Private patio garden lit through evenings. Perfect for barbecues & al-fresco dining. Soak in HOT Tub & forget about every day stresses. Pure bliss!
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 16th September 2017
Approximate Location of Woodlands
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book